mermaid
October 10th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Allegheny Mountain Masters Pentathlon Open
Duquesne University, 600 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh PA 15282
Sunday, December 13, 2009 Check in 9:00 am
USMS Sanction #119-P-002
Meet Director: Katherine Longwell kathfarnan@msn.com
www.alleghenymountainmasters.org

Sanctioned by Allegheny Mountain LMSC for USMS, Inc.
Hosted by Allegheny Mountain Association Masters

A BENEFIT FOR DUQUESNE UNIVERSITY SWIMMING PROGRAM

ENTRIES: Must be postmarked by Tuesday, December 1. You can swim any combination of events or swim the official Short & Long Pentathlon Events as noted on entry form. Current USMS rules apply. All swimmers must be registered with USMS & include a photocopy of their USMS registration card with their entry. Entry forms sent in without a copy of the USMS card attached will be rejected. Deck entrants must bring their USMS cards.

ELIGILIBITY: USMS age groups 18+ apply. The meet is open to all Masters Swimmers holding a valid 2009 or 2010 USMS registration card. A copy of this card must accompany your entry! Age is determined by a swimmer’s age on December 31, 2009. 2009 USMS rules and regulations apply. “No Time” entries will be accepted. All events are timed finals.

FEES: On or before December 1st, 2009: $25.00
AM Members before December 1st, 2009: $20.00
Deck Entries: $30.00 (no deck entries accepted for the 500)
AM membership will be available at the meet.

POOL FACILITY: Towers Pool, located in the Towers Living & Learning Center features a 25 yard pool, 6 lanes. The pool will be measured per USMS rules to be valid for Top Ten and record attempts.

SEEDING: Events will be seeded slowest to fastest, men and women may be combined.

AWARDS & RESULTS: Ribbons will be awarded to the top 3 male & female per age group in the 500 Freestyle, Short & Long Pentathlon. The 200 Mixed Free Relay will count towards the team points. Results will be posted on www.alleghenymountainmasters.org

PARKING DIRECTIONS: Please use Duquesne University parking garage or metered hourly street parking.

TIMELINE: Check in @ 9:00
Warm-Ups start @ 9:30
Meet begins @ 10:30

You MUST ENCLOSE a copy of your 2009 or 2010 USMS Card. Please fill out the right side of the form below in case there is a problem with your entry.
Place Copy of USMS Card Here (Trimmed & Taped) Please supply the following information also:
USMS Number Team Daytime Phone Number:
Name (as it appears on USMS Card): Evening Phone Number:
Birth Date: Age: Sex: E-mail:
RELEASE OF LIABILITY BY PARTICIPANT:
I the undersigned participant, intending to be legally bound, hereby certify that I am physically fit & have not been otherwise informed by a physician. I acknowledge that I am aware of all the risks inherent in Masters swimming (training & competition) including possible permanent disability or death, and agree to assume all of those risks. AS A CONDITION OF MY PARTICIPATION IN THE MASTERS SWIMMING PROGRAM OR ANY ACTIVITIES INCIDENT THERETO, I HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIMS FOR LOSS OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ALL CLAIMS FOR LOSS OR DAMAGES CAUSED BYT THE NEGLIGENCE, ACTICE OR PASSIVE, OF THE FOLLOWING: UNITED STATES MASTERS SWIMMING INC., THE LOCAL MASTERS SWIMMING COMMITTEES, THE CLUBS, HOST FACILITIES, MEET SPONSORS, MEET COMMITTEES, OR ANY INDIVIDUALS OFFICIATING ATT HE MEETS OR SUPERVISING SUCH ACTIVITIES. In addition, I agree to abide by and be governed by the rules of USMS.

Use of Image/Likeness
I grant permission to U.S. Masters Swimming and its affiliates to use my likeness and/or image in photographs, video, motion pictures, recordings, or any other record for legitimate purpose.

SIGNATURE (required):_____________________________________ date:_____

CIRCLE EVENT NUMBERS YOU WISH TO SWIM AND INDICATE SEED TIMES IN YARDS:

Event # Seed Time Pent. Event Name Seed Time Event #
WOMEN MEN
1. ________ 500 Free ________ 2.
BREAK BREAK BREAK
3. ________ Long 200 IM Long ________ 4.
5. ________ Short 50 FLY Short ________ 6.
7. ________ Long 100 Breaststroke Long ________ 8.
9. ________ Short 50 Backstroke Short ________ 10.
1. ________ Long 100 FLY Long ________ 12.
BREAK BREAK BREAK
13. ________ Short 100 IM Short ________ 14.
15. ________ Long 100 Back Long ________ 16.
17. ________ Short 100 Free Short ________ 18.
19. ________ Long 50 Free Long ________ 20.
21. ________ Short 50 Breaststroke Short ________ 22.
23. ________ 200 Mixed free relay ________ 24.

magick17
January 8th, 2010, 10:09 PM
what was the results of the meet.. i remember there was an ice storm that morning.. i really wanted to participate but found out our masters team wasn't registered with USMS.. what a disappointment....

mermaid
January 11th, 2010, 08:46 PM
I know which group you are. If you send me an email, I can explain the membership details. kathlongwell@gmail.com

We delayed the meet by 2 hours and contacted everyone. There was a small turnout - but since this was the first ever USMS meet in Allegheny Mountain LMSC, all the stats are GREAT!

LEBO had a strong showing . . .

Any questions, please feel free to send me a note. Also, check out: www.alleghenymountainmasters.org I'm in the process of up-dating the website.