PDA

View Full Version : Rowdy Gaines Meet Entry Deadline Extended

thewookiee
October 14th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Team Orlando has announced that the entry deadline for the Rowdy Gaines Meet has beene extended until noon on Friday, Oct. 16th.

You still have time to entry the meet if you were thinking about it. Who all from the forum is attending?

aquageek
October 14th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Everyone needs to sign up to see a grown man cry. That would be a grown man that looks like a yetti.

thewookiee
October 14th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Everyone needs to sign up to see a grown man cry. That would be a grown man that looks like a yetti.

Look, Wolf Girl isn't going to be there. No need to bash the poor boy when he won't be around to swim the last 25 of the 100 fly in the same amount of time it takes him to swim the first 75.

pwolf66
October 14th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Look, Wolf Girl isn't going to be there. No need to bash the poor boy when he won't be around to swim the last 25 of the 100 fly in the same amount of time it takes him to swim the first 75.

You just keep working on that pitiful excuse for a breaststroke pullout. Then maybe you can talk some trash.

Funny, I don't see 100 Fly listed anywhere in your meet results. Oh wait there it is......oh wait never mind, you wimped out, sorry, my mistake.

thewookiee
October 14th, 2009, 11:39 AM
You just keep working on that pitiful excuse for a breaststroke pullout. Then maybe you can talk some trash.

Funny, I don't see 100 Fly listed anywhere in your meet results. Oh wait there it is......oh wait never mind, you wimped out, sorry, my mistake.

You making fun of me of skipping a 100. How many 200's do you bail on? More than I can count on the few teeth I got left.

When will either of you two "men" cough cough, roll over to swim the 200 back? Oh wait, you won't. Hear are the excuses "It hurts too much" "Fort kicked my ass in the 100 and I can bare to the wookiee beat me as well" "It was my sixth event" " I cramped up before the race started"

aquageek
October 14th, 2009, 11:39 AM
A Clydesdale v Hairball beatdown throwdown, riveting!

I'll swim the 200 back when you shave your knuckles.

thewookiee
October 14th, 2009, 11:44 AM
A Clydesdale v Hairball beatdown throwdown, riveting!

I'll swim the 200 back when you shave your knuckles.

As long as the clydesdale doesn't sit on me... He only out weighs me by 70-100 pounds.

Sign-up then...mine are shaved. Sunbelt in charlotte. That will give Patty time to put you in with the 8 and unders when they practice the basics of backstroke.

pwolf66
October 14th, 2009, 12:54 PM
You making fun of me of skipping a 100. How many 200's do you bail on? More than I can count on the few teeth I got left.

When will either of you two "men" cough cough, roll over to swim the 200 back? Oh wait, you won't. Hear are the excuses "It hurts too much" "Fort kicked my ass in the 100 and I can bare to the wookiee beat me as well" "It was my sixth event" " I cramped up before the race started"

Don't lump me in with the Geek. This is between you and me, fur-ball. :argue:

Skipping A 100?? :blah: :blah: How about skipping the ONLY 100 Fly you seem to have ever entered (I'm giving you credit for at least THINKING about swimming it).

Take a look at my results boyo, you'll see I've swam every 100 in either SCY or SCM, how about you????? :D

As for skipping a 200, hmm, let's compare NS results here. Apparently your hirsute condition is resulting in myopia but I'll break it down for you.

Paul Wolf - 106 total swims - 7 No Swims (2 of them 200s, so I guess you were both right, because it's more teeth than you have left, and wrong you can't count that high, teeth or no teeth).
His Royal Hairness - 33 total swims - wait for it.........TWENTY-ONE No Swims!!!!! :banana:

Try swimming 4 lengths of fly, then I'll think about swimming 8 lengths of back.

And, puh-leeze, when have ever I poked fun at your backstroke? :bow: I'm sure you do your best work on your back.

Nope. You fired the first shot in this skirmish, don't try and duck the issue of you calling me out in 100 Fly by turning this into me calling you out in 200 back, cause that didn't happen. :cool:

You might want to check your well water cause I think some serious :censor: has found it's way there.

thewookiee
October 14th, 2009, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE=pwolf66;196322]Don't lump me in with the Geek. This is between you and me, fur-ball. :argue:]

The majority of "no-swims" are because I wasn't able to attend the meets. Yea, I know it's an excuse...but it happens when employees lay out on ya(and it's my fam's business, so I can't just tell em to get someone else when I am the someone else)

As for the 100 fly...I did swim it at a meet in atlanta in fall of 2007. The results weren't submitted since they used stop watches for the timing.

thewookiee
October 14th, 2009, 01:04 PM
: I'm sure you do your best work on your back.

:angel:

aquageek
October 14th, 2009, 01:32 PM
You two need to get a room and love it out.

thewookiee
October 14th, 2009, 02:16 PM
You two need to get a room and love it out.

Naw...wolf is a decent guy. I shouldn't pick on him but it is fun

Mookie
October 16th, 2009, 09:28 PM
From the 100 free psych sheet for tomorrow's meet:

1 Brundage, Patrick W 42 ARIZ-AZ 54.25
2 Gaines, Rowdy 50 BLU-FL 55.00

I'm gonna watch that race. Heck, I'm gonna swim it, but in a much slower heat. Gotta watch the premier event, though. Good luck to both of them.

pwolf66
October 17th, 2009, 06:23 AM
From the 100 free psych sheet for tomorrow's meet:

1 Brundage, Patrick W 42 ARIZ-AZ 54.25
2 Gaines, Rowdy 50 BLU-FL 55.00

I'm gonna watch that race. Heck, I'm gonna swim it, but in a much slower heat. Gotta watch the premier event, though. Good luck to both of them.

Well, Rowdy is known to sandbag just a bit :angel: At SCY Nats he seeded at 49.50 (after going 47 low at Y Nats) and went 46.59.

I predict that Rowdy will go 52.35.

pwb
October 17th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Well, Rowdy is known to sandbag just a bit :angel: At SCY Nats he seeded at 49.50 (after going 47 low at Y Nats) and went 46.59.

Yeah ... and just to set expectations, I was 48.17 this spring in SCY and I entered my best SCM time. It'll be fun to race, though.

thewookiee
October 17th, 2009, 01:39 PM

He went 51.6. Patrick had a really awesome swim in the 200 free with Keith Switzer and another guy. He went 1:55+ in the race.

Geek had a nice 100 free. 1:01.

Ahelee Sue Osborn
October 18th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Any more news on the meet - and who got the HP Bags?

Paul Smith
October 18th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Chris Weissman goes 1:05.3 in the 100 breast for a new WR but loses it after finding out that WR's can't be set in TT's....even though the ref told him he could.

Rowdy goes 23.6 in the 50 for a new WR

keith Switzer coming off swine flu drops a 4:09 400 free.

The Fortress
October 18th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Chris Weissman goes 1:05.3 in the 100 breast for a new WR but loses it after finding out that WR's can't be set in TT's....even though the ref told him he could.

Gee, that sounds familiar. How long before this problem gets fixed?!

Great swims by all! How'd Patrick do in the 400 free?

Chris Stevenson
October 18th, 2009, 08:08 PM
How long before this problem gets fixed?!

I don't believe it will be (at least, not anytime soon) because, from what I understand, it is not viewed by the Rules Committee as a problem but as the proper procedure. The meet director & referee should have known the rules.

(Don't shoot the messenger.):bolt:

The Fortress
October 18th, 2009, 08:33 PM
I don't believe it will be (at least, not anytime soon) because, from what I understand, it is not viewed by the Rules Committee as a problem but as the proper procedure. The meet director & referee should have known the rules.

(Don't shoot the messenger.):bolt:

hahaha. I meant the meet directors and referees should know the rules, so this wouldn't keep happening. And it's a stupid rule anyway, especially since you can set NRs in time trials (see KPN).

And the resultant further problem is that it's the swimmer that gets screwed. What if that was Chris' taper meet or he doesn't have another SCM meet this year? His time just gets wiped out (like mine did), and there's nothing that doesn't make that result suck.

Chris Stevenson
October 18th, 2009, 08:41 PM
hahaha. I meant the meet directors and referees should know the rules, so this wouldn't keep happening. And it's a stupid rule anyway, especially since you can set NRs in time trials (see KPN).

And the resultant further problem is that it's the swimmer that gets screwed. What if that was Chris' taper meet or he doesn't have another SCM meet this year? His time just gets wiped out (like mine did), and there's nothing that doesn't make that result suck.

From Chris' FB post, it looks like what he did was swim the 100 breast during the 200 breast, but just didn't finish the race. The meet ref told him that was okay, but then saw from the FINA rules after the fact that it wasn't. (Heck, even I knew that.) Not really a comparable situation to yours last year, I guess.

The Fortress
October 18th, 2009, 09:00 PM
From Chris' FB post, it looks like what he did was swim the 100 breast during the 200 breast, but just didn't finish the race. The meet ref told him that was okay, but then saw from the FINA rules after the fact that it wasn't. (Heck, even I knew that.) Not really a comparable situation to yours last year, I guess.

No, I just assumed Paul was accurate when he said it was a time trial.

Even I know you have to finish 200s, and I've that 3 x on 200 backs now. I bet Chris really wishes he had just kept swimming ... Too bad.

Paul Smith
October 18th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Intial "3rd party" text from the meet was not exactly accurate on the TT situaiotn....here is clarification from Chris:

"Paul- If you're referring to my 100 today, they actually took it away after the meet - the race was during the 200 breast but approved to be swum as a 100 (without having to finish the second 100) by the meet referee and meet director but after the race they checked the FINA rules and discovered that was not legal so the race was not recognized."

ande
October 18th, 2009, 09:09 PM
for the time to count you have to legally finish the race
backstrokers need to stay on their backs
breast & fly need 2 hand touches

Glider
October 18th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Results are up here (http://www.swimorlando.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Rowdy-Gaines-Classic-10-18-091.htm). Smoking 100 swim by Chris.

The Fortress
October 18th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Smokin' 400 free NR by Patrick Brundage!

tjrpatt
October 18th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Smokin' 400 free NR by Patrick Brundage!

That is really cool that he got a National Record. He totally deserves it. I would have thought that the national record for 40-44 was faster than that. Well, at least, it is Patrick's now. :applaud:. Nice!

tjrpatt
October 18th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Beaty, John D 34 RATS-NC 2:32.06 2:19.77 20
34.21 1:08.70 (34.49) 1:44.09 (35.39) 2:19.77 (35.68)

Good job, John! I think that this will get in Top Ten. Bravo! That is one "serious" time and your 100 back time is too!!!!

ande
October 18th, 2009, 11:42 PM
nice swim pat

Men 40-44 400 SC Meter Freestyle
================================================== ========
NATL: N 4:08.39 12/4/2005 MIKE SHAFFER
WORLD: 4:00.67 11/7/2004 KAI DITZEL, GER
Name Age Team Seed Finals Points
================================================== ========
1 Brundage, Patrick W 42 ARIZ-AZ 4:10.20 4:06.30N 20
58.92 (30.23)
1:29.97 (31.05)
2:01.62 (31.65)
2:33.26 (31.64)
3:04.63 (31.37)
3:35.77 (31.14)
4:06.30 (30.53)

Chris Stevenson
October 19th, 2009, 05:28 AM
I would have thought that the national record for 40-44 was faster than that.

Well, Shaffer did swim it in the pre-B70 era; maybe he'll do it at Long Beach this year.

Of course, ehoch went a 4:01 a few weeks ago, didn't he? Still a very nice time by Patrick.

aquageek
October 19th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Good job, John! I think that this will get in Top Ten. Bravo! That is one "serious" time and your 100 back time is too!!!!

This was a good race to watch. Wookie gave Patrick a nice race. Both had great underwaters and were silky smooth. I wish they had been next to each other.

That's officially the last compliment I will ever give the Hair Dork.

tjrpatt
October 19th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Well, Shaffer did swim it in the pre-B70 era; maybe he'll do it at Long Beach this year.

Of course, ehoch went a 4:01 a few weeks ago, didn't he? Still a very nice time by Patrick.

You are correct, ehoch did a 4:01 a few weeks ago. Gosh, I would love to do 4:01, in the first 400 of my 500 yard free!!!!!!

swimcat
October 19th, 2009, 09:59 AM
all the swims by the forum swimmers were great. well except the cat here.
i will not glide into backstroke turns... i will not glide into backstroke turns.......
fort you shoulda been there. you coulda done great.

tjrpatt
October 19th, 2009, 12:00 PM
all the swims by the forum swimmers were great. well except the cat here.
i will not glide into backstroke turns... i will not glide into backstroke turns.......
fort you shoulda been there. you coulda done great.

we all have a bad meets. Heck, I am probably going to have a crappy meet this weekend since I have been sick for the last two weeks off and on and I did very little training last week. Just learn from the mistakes this weekend and get ready for the next meet.

smontanaro
October 19th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Heck, I am probably going to have a crappy meet this weekend since I have been sick for the last two weeks off and on and I did very little training last week.

You are going to have a great meet. You've been tapering.

(glass half full)

Skip

tjrpatt
October 19th, 2009, 04:12 PM
You are going to have a great meet. You've been tapering.

(glass half full)

Skip

Let's hope but I already had a good meet this season with very little training two weeks before the meet. The odds of having another good meet with very little training leading up to it aren't in my favor. But, we will see what happens and either way, it is just an early in-season yards meet! Oh well!

pwb
October 20th, 2009, 01:37 PM
I did a meet review (mostly written on the plane ride home) for today's blog post: http://forums.usms.org/blog.php?b=5968.

Short summary: look for and seriously consider this meet next year.

aquageek
October 20th, 2009, 01:59 PM
I did a meet review (mostly written on the plane ride home) for today's blog post: http://forums.usms.org/blog.php?b=5968.

Short summary: look for and seriously consider this meet next year.

I loved the meet but I have now met the requirement for going to Disney with my family. And, obviously, going to Orlando solo would unleash a maelstrom of discontent.

thewookiee
October 20th, 2009, 02:09 PM
I loved the meet but I have now met the requirement for going to Disney with my family. And, obviously, going to Orlando solo would unleash a maelstrom of discontent.

You have a wonderful family. I can't believe that you would be so self-centered to leave those wonderful children and hard-working wife at home, so that you could go visit your brother goofy at disney.
If you ever think of leaving them home for this meet, I will hang you over Shamu's feeding pole at SeaWorld. Granted, shamu will probably up-chuck you after he gets a take of that pale coating you call a skin.

aquageek
October 20th, 2009, 03:43 PM
I am surprised that wookie failed to mention the three quarts of Nair he was given in his schwag bag.

thewookiee
October 20th, 2009, 03:50 PM
I am surprised that wookie failed to mention the three quarts of Nair he was given in his schwag bag.

I didn't mention anything in my goodie bag. I did find your AXE body spray on the floor by the bleachers where we were sitting. And guys, that stuff must work! Geek was surrounded by soooo many women at the meet that it was impressive. I didn't realize 80+ year old ladies could walk that fast with their canes and walkers. They were whacking each other in the knees to be able to cozy up with geek.