PDA

View Full Version : Tech suit for SCM or not?

thewookiee
October 14th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Since there is the chance that tech suits will be banned sometime in Jan., right around the start of the scy season, I am wondering about wearing a tech/body suit for the scm season.

When I say tech suit, I don't just mean a suit like the B70 but also legskins, full-body FS Pro style suits as well.

Part of me is thinking of just biting the bullet for SCM, going ahead to wear jammers(no way in hell of wearing briefs) at all meets, regardless of scm or scy.

Then again, part of me is thinking why not get a few more uses out of my fs pro full body suit and legskins during the masters scm season, then if i swam usa, go with the jammers there.

So, I am wondering what the rest of you are doing for the scm season, cause I am still undecided.

qbrain
October 14th, 2009, 04:29 PM
I will probably wear my legskins at the 2 USMS meets I have before the end of the year, just to wring the last dollar out of them.

For USA-S, I am just wearing a practice suit for now. My taper meet is a long way off and the regulations have to change a few more times before then, so why even think about that.

jim clemmons
October 14th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Wearing the best "whatever I have" in my arsenal. Right now, that's a B70 nero full length, brand new, in the box replacement for one I returned with nearly 100 races on it along with a thank-you note. BlueSeventy graciously replaced it at no charge.

I have a B70 short john as a backup. Then I stumble on to a FSII short john, which I'm trying to save for next year.

Went and saw Star Wars in Concert at HP Pavilion, San Jose last Sunday. Thought of you when Princess Leia told Luke and Hans Solo to "get that walking carpet outta my way!"

RobbieD
October 14th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I have a big mesh bag full of tech suit wonderment that I am going to wear all over the place between here and the end of the year. There's 2 B70's in there, a Tracer Light, an AMPhibian, various race tights, and ugly blue TYR shortjohn... maybe I bought too many of these things... I have 5 SCM meets left to wear them out! If all my fun suits get banned as predicted they're coming into the ocean with me.

Allen Stark
October 14th, 2009, 06:56 PM
I got a Jaked before Nats and it tore before the meet.The replacement arrived the day after the meet so I am definitely going to wear it as much as possible(which may be one race given how fragile it seems to be.)

knelson
October 14th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Like everyone else, I figure you might as well get as much use out of them as you can while they're still legal.

ourswimmer
October 14th, 2009, 07:22 PM
I bought a Finis Amphibian at the fire-sale price just for this SCM season! I tested it out this past weekend in a sprint meet but it gets its first serious challenge Friday afternoon in the 1500. Assuming it does not come apart I intend to wear it as long into 2010 as our local officials allow. I have a wardrobe of long-leg suits, some with zippers or clasps, that will need wearing out too so I will be well-suited.

(Magic suit, ha! It swam pretty well except that it could not find the stupid touch pad on the 50 back.)

Midas
October 14th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Since I believe that banning the tech suits was the right decision, I've decided it would be hypocritical of me to continue wearing my B70. I didn't wear it at the meet I was at last weekend and don't plan it wear it this weekend to the PMS championship meet. Of course, my B70 is over a year old and I have done many swims in it so I don't feel like I didn't get my money's worth.

All four other members of my team at the meet last weekend wore their B70s and share the view that one should use the best equipment available if one is trying to be competitive.

ehoch
October 14th, 2009, 09:26 PM
It's a split decision for me - all swims in jammers, unless I am going for a record. I figure all the records were pretty much set in some sort of tech suit - so makes it a level playing field

pwb
October 14th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Just got me a new B70 full body for this weekend -- my taper meet for SCM and I wanted apples-to-apples comparison with my times from last season.

By next season, I hope to be in even better shape so the suit won't even matter!