PDA

View Full Version : SCM Zone Championships

Donna
October 26th, 2009, 09:28 AM
For those of you heading to the SCM Zone Championships in Columbia, you might want to verify your entries. Also for those doing the 1500 Free there were 39 entries but only 30 will swim. They are currently looking at the postmark dates to put the entries in order of receipt, so be checking to see if you will be swimming the 1500 Free on Friday night.

The link to verify your entries and the 1500 Free participants is http://www.sportstiming.com/Clubs/USMS-SC-CM/#

See you there!:cheerleader:

Donna
October 26th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Here is the list of who made the cut for GAJA in the 1500 Free:
Hal Stolz
Irwin Stolz
Donna Hooe
Kristin Aziz
Gary Petmecky
John Zielger

Good luck to all GAJA swimmers!

Hal, Irwin and I are incorrectly listed as Greater Augusta on the 1500 list.

want2beafish
October 26th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Thanks for posting the link, Donna! I was going to check it out myself, but you made it easy to find. :)

Unfortunately I'll be there without family (as I'm sure others are) -- do you think it will be possible to find a counter? I'd be happy to reciprocate!

(edited) After looking at the psych sheet, I think I seeded myself too fast. :( I used my SCY converted time from my once-in-a-lifetime Clemson 1650.

Donna
October 26th, 2009, 09:39 PM
I can find you a counter. I know Jim Van Cleve will probably count for me and I know enough people since I am an adopted South Carolina swimmer (I swim at most of their meets), that should not be a problem.

You did not seed yourself too fast but unfortunately we will be on opposite sides of the pool since they will run 7 lanes and I am the slowest of the 7 listed that is unless someone else ahead of us drops out and Jay Presler makes it in some how. See I told you I know everyone...

If you are available we may need to help could for Hal and Irwin Stolz since they are in the same heat.

I'll have my son in tow but I don't trust my 11 year old son yet.

Don't forget our heat will go off at 6pm so be there earlier to warm up and sign in. I plan to be there at 5pm since I require atleast 1/2 hour and then need alittle rest too. See you there!

want2beafish
October 27th, 2009, 07:02 AM
That would be great, Donna -- thanks! And I'd be happy to be anyone's counter (preferably after a short warm-down :)). I was planning on being there at least an hour early as well, as I like to have time to be nervous before I start. :eek: Nice that we'll be in the first heat. See you Friday!

Donna
October 30th, 2009, 09:38 PM
There were some awesome swims tonight by Team Georgia! Gary and Kristin lead the way leaving me far behind. John and Hal took over next and had great swims. Last but not least was Irwin in a winning effort. I don't have everyones times because I did not stay for the last heat but I'll update this tomorrow with that information. LOTS OF POINTS for TEAM GEORGIA!

Donna
October 31st, 2009, 03:33 PM
Everyone did well today and had alot of fun doing it. Team GAJA had 19 swimmers today and Tracy is joining us tomorrow. We should do well in the out of state team competition, each of us is doing our part.

Donna
November 1st, 2009, 08:48 PM
Today we were joined by Tracy Collett and Anna Janss. Thank you Tracy for letting me take a break from the mixed relay.

Since there were so many of us here I will just hit the highlights and give the link to the results: http://www.sportstiming.com/Clubs/USMS-SC-CM/2009-10-30/2009-10-30%20CM%20Dixe%20Zone%20-%20SC%20State%20SCM%20Championships%20-%20Final%20Results.pdf

As a team Georgia Masters won the out of state trophy and ended up 2nd overall to a much larger contingent from Beaufort, SC. The over all 3rd place team was another out of state team North Carolina Masters. North Carolina is one of the teams we need to beat at Nationals this year! They will be coming in force.

The Georgia High Point Winners were: Gary Petmecky(45-49), Doug Michalke(55-59), John Zeigler(60-64), Hal Stolz(75-79), and Irwin Stolz(80-84) for the men. On the womens side were: Kristin Aziz(40-44), Donna Hooe(45-49), and Delores Petmecky(70-74).

Georgia swimmers finishing in the top three for their age groups were: Christopher Carroll(40-44)-3rd, Bill Dudley(65-69)-2nd, Walter Leen(65-59)-3rd, Herb Chuven(60-64)-2nd, Jack Mitchell(80-84)-3rd, Skippy Mattson(55-59)-3rd, and Bentley Marane(65-69)-2nd.

Everyone did so great here.

Next up for Short Course Meters is the St. Nicholas Meet. See you there!