PDA

View Full Version : Louisville Meet- Nov. 21-22, 2009

thewookiee
October 27th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Does anyone know if the Louisville meet is still taking place this year? On the kentucky masters website it has it listed but there is no meet information.

Is the meet still happening or is it cancelled? If it is cancelled, does anyone know of a good meet around the same time that is SCM?

Thanks!

SwimRobin
October 27th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Wookie, there are several of us that would like to see meet information posted. The last I heard, the meet was scheduled for the weekend of November 21 & 22. You may want to email Mark Gill since he is the meet director. Hope we get to see you again this year!

thewookiee
October 27th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Wookie, there are several of us that would like to see meet information posted. The last I heard, the meet was scheduled for the weekend of November 21 & 22. You may want to email Mark Gill since he is the meet director. Hope we get to see you again this year!

I did email Mark. Got no reply.

Frank Thompson
October 27th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Wookiee:

There is a meet this weekend and you have one day to enter online and that is the Fall Classic SCM Indianapolis. There is an online link at both the GRIN and Michigan Masters websites. You also have one day to pre enter the Miami University SCM on November 7, 2009. You can deck enter both events at a significant increase in the entry fee. These meets are a little further drive for you than U of L. Here is the link http://www.ohiolmsc.org/meets/upcoming/2009/20091107-Miami.pdf

jroddin
October 28th, 2009, 08:23 AM
I did email Mark. Got no reply.

Mark was on a two week honeymoon overseas and just got back so that would explain why he didn't respond...

thewookiee
October 28th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Wookiee:

There is a meet this weekend and you have one day to enter online and that is the Fall Classic SCM Indianapolis. There is an online link at both the GRIN and Michigan Masters websites. You also have one day to pre enter the Miami University SCM on November 7, 2009. You can deck enter both events at a significant increase in the entry fee. These meets are a little further drive for you than U of L. Here is the link http://www.ohiolmsc.org/meets/upcoming/2009/20091107-Miami.pdf

Frank,

Thanks. This weekend and Nov. 7th, I have prior plans. That is why the 21-22 is a good weekend for me to find a meet. Thanks for the info though!

thewookiee
October 28th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Mark was on a two week honeymoon overseas and just got back so that would explain why he didn't respond...

Awwww...I see. Gee, what's more important? A swim meet or honeymoon? Gonna have to knock some sense into Mark for pickin the honeymoon.

Seriously, that's awesome. Congrats to him!

thewookiee
November 2nd, 2009, 08:53 AM
Has anyone heard anything more on this meet? It is 20 days out and still no meet entry information

Bobinator
November 2nd, 2009, 10:17 PM
i just visited the Kentucky Master's Swimming site. The meet is still listed at the top of the page but there is no link. It says something to the effect that entries are not available yet.
I don't know what is going on. :confused:

mbmg3282
November 4th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Information is posted at www.tyrgrandprix.com. Online registration should be available later today.

Information is also available for the Great Lakes Zone Championships at the same website.

Leonard Jansen
November 4th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Please explain something... In looking at the results for the Indy meet of this series, events #57-63 (at the very bottom of all results) are listed as some distance and then the word "split" appears next tot he distance. In all cases there is only one person in the event. What is this all about?

Thanks,
LBJ

Bobinator
November 4th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I think it's the splits for 800 and 1500. The South pool swimmers got splits every 50, the north pool got none.

mbmg3282
November 4th, 2009, 09:44 PM
When a swimmer requests an official split, we list it as a separate event. This way, when the meet results are submitted, the splits are also available for top 10 consideration, records, etc. If there were multiple swimmers requesting the same split, there would be more than one athlete listed.

Bobinator
November 5th, 2009, 01:04 PM
The on-line registration link for louisville is now open! I just registered! :)