PDA

View Full Version : Crawl Brawl Meet

swimshark
November 1st, 2009, 08:03 AM
Freedom Center - Nov 28th. SCY meet where you can compete as the over female and male sprint (25, 50 and 100) or distance (200, 500 and 1000) champion. And take the plunge!

KEWebb18
November 1st, 2009, 09:07 AM
I love an all-freestyle meet! Just my idea of fun :agree:

Muppet
November 1st, 2009, 09:39 AM
I'm the reigning champion of the Maryland Masters version of "The Plunge"

swimshark
November 1st, 2009, 02:58 PM
Muppet, I look forward to seeing you plunge!

thewookiee
November 1st, 2009, 05:07 PM
No 100 or 200 back...no thanks.

swimshark
November 2nd, 2009, 12:00 PM
Ginger sent me a revised entry form that has the sanction number on it. so for those worried about that, it has been sanctioned.

pwolf66
November 3rd, 2009, 10:58 AM
Why Saturday? Why not Sunday when I would be free to swim. Hmm, maybe I can get there for the 500 Free and dash out there door afterwards?

swimshark
November 3rd, 2009, 06:52 PM
I don't know why he did it on Sat and not Sun. Maybe the pool was too booked for Sunday.

Betsy
November 5th, 2009, 09:07 AM
For those of us who do not live in DC, Saturday is much better than Sunday. The Sunday after Thanksgiving is one of the worst travel days all year.

Swimalison
November 14th, 2009, 07:36 PM
I think I can make it!! Look forward to swimming in Ali's pool!:applaud:

jroddin
November 16th, 2009, 09:22 AM
I'm the reigning champion of the Maryland Masters version of "The Plunge"

Care to make this interesting? If you spot me an inch for every year that you are younger than me, I'll wager a six pack of Sam Adams. I won't bet Wolf, though. He may jam his fingers on the far end of the pool!

thewookiee
November 16th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Care to make this interesting? If you spot me an inch for every year that you are younger than me, I'll wager a six pack of Sam Adams. I won't bet Wolf, though. He may jam his fingers on the far end of the pool!

Wolf wouldn't jam his fingers. He would either 1) Keep going through the wall or 2) He would sink toward the bottom, while still going through the wall.

swimshark
November 16th, 2009, 12:19 PM
I think I can make it!! Look forward to swimming in Ali's pool!:applaud:

Yea!!!

Muppet
November 17th, 2009, 02:33 AM

You're on.
Now just have to remember to send in my entry form later today...

pwolf66
November 17th, 2009, 05:00 PM
No matter which way I try. I can not figure a way to swim in this event. Ah well.

swimshark
November 18th, 2009, 12:37 PM
No matter which way I try. I can not figure a way to swim in this event. Ah well.

We'll miss you Paul.

jroddin
November 19th, 2009, 12:36 PM
You're on.
Now just have to remember to send in my entry form later today...

Muppet - You don't actually have to bring the six pack with you to the pool in anticipation of your defeat. It will be ok if you purchase it after the Plunge.:banana:

In a moment of weakness I entered the same events as my wife (distance crawl challenge) instead of going with my instincts to enter the sprint challenge. Not sure what I was thinking. :confused: All you sprinters can thank me later for giving you extra rest between your events!

Speedo
November 20th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Muppet - You don't actually have to bring the six pack with you to the pool in anticipation of your defeat. It will be ok if you purchase it after the Plunge.
Now *that* is some classic trash talking . . .!

Julie Roddin
November 30th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Now *that* is some classic trash talking . . .!

It never occurred to me that I should make a similar bet with Jeff R. Gee, I'd have a 6-pack of Bell's Christmas Ale right now! Hee hee! I guess I was scared by all of the "I'm a champion plunger" talk by the two Jeff's before the meet and was certain that I'd never go as far as either one! My plunger has found a home on the mantel in our family room!

Julie "Happy to be Buoyant" Roddin

Speedo
November 30th, 2009, 02:24 PM
It never occurred to me that I should make a similar bet with Jeff R. Gee, I'd have a 6-pack of Bell's Christmas Ale right now! Hee hee! I guess I was scared by all of the "I'm a champion plunger" talk by the two Jeff's before the meet and was certain that I'd never go as far as either one! My plunger has found a home on the mantel in our family room!

Julie "Happy to be Buoyant" Roddin
You know, it's really too bad they truncated your screen name from "julieoplunger"- the Jeffs would known who they were dealing with. Congratulations!

Muppet
December 2nd, 2009, 11:37 AM
You know, it's really too bad they truncated your screen name from "julieoplunger"- the Jeffs would known who they were dealing with. Congratulations!

JulieOplunger.... nice!

Swimmy
December 5th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Congrats, Julie! Girls rule!

Chris Stevenson
December 9th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Results are posted (http://www.vaswim.org/meets/results/2009/Sunfish%20Masters%20Crawl%20Brawl%202009.htm).

Sadly, they don't include "the plunge." But we won't forget...

jroddin
December 9th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Ask and ye shall receive...

Results including The Plunge are here:

http://www.warrentonmasters.org/Sunfish_Masters_Crawl_Brawl_Results_2009.html

Chris Stevenson
December 9th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Ask and ye shall receive...

Results including The Plunge are here:

http://www.warrentonmasters.org/Sunfish_Masters_Crawl_Brawl_Results_2009.html

There it is, for all to see. I'm surprised you point out your public humiliation so readily; newlywed indeed. :)