PDA

View Full Version : Discounts on B70's

ande
November 2nd, 2009, 11:54 AM
I asked Dean Jackson at B70 if they were offering any discounts for B70 Nero Comps & how to order one.

his response was:
"Ande. Call the office in Seattle and tell them
Dean says sell me a nero suit and nero bag for 100 bucks plus shipping.
You should be sweet."

Tel: 1 206 632 1994

blue seventy North America
117 W. Denny Way Suite 215
Seattle, WA 98119
Email: usa@blueseventy.com

So I called and ordered a size 30 to be my back up suit at Long Beach.

These aren’t likely to be legal when FINA & USMS change the rules, but we should be able to wear them in Nov & Dec USMS meets & for Fast Fridays in practice.

Dolphin 2
November 2nd, 2009, 12:28 PM
I guess the combination of the likelyhood of FINA & USMS outlawing them and also the poor economy (people can no longer afford to shell out big $$$ for a suit) have prompted the folks at Blue 70 to hold a "liquidation sale". :badday:
D2

aquageek
November 2nd, 2009, 01:03 PM
I guess the combination of the likelyhood of FINA & USMS outlawing them and also the poor economy (people can no longer afford to shell out big $$$ for a suit) have prompted the folks at Blue 70 to hold a "liquidation sale". :badday:
D2

You obviously haven't been to a meet lately.

pwolf66
November 2nd, 2009, 01:06 PM

lately??? How about EVER?

Midas
November 2nd, 2009, 01:38 PM

I have and to tell you the truth, I saw significantly fewer tech suits than I did earlier in the year and last year (maybe down to 45-50% as opposed to 75-80% earlier this year).

thewookiee
November 2nd, 2009, 01:57 PM
I have and to tell you the truth, I saw significantly fewer tech suits than I did earlier in the year and last year (maybe down to 45-50% as opposed to 75-80% earlier this year).

The meet in Orlando has plenty of tech style suits. B70, LZR, Fs Pro's, Arena Powerskins, a number of legskins too.

No lack of suits there.

aquageek
November 2nd, 2009, 02:02 PM
Wall to wall tech suit this weekend at a very local meet. Many were well past their useful lifespan.

Midas
November 2nd, 2009, 02:18 PM
Don't get me wrong--there were plenty out here at the Pacific Masters Championship. It just seemed to me that there were fewer than were at the Pacific Masters SYC Championship meet. I actually saw a few more LZRs than I had in the past, and there were several of the nifty fluorescent pink Neros. But I think the trend of tech suit escalation has definitely reversed itself. I think that most people that have them are still swimming in them. More power to them. I've moved on and am starting to make peace with being slower again...

thewookiee
November 2nd, 2009, 02:29 PM
Don't get me wrong--there were plenty out here at the Pacific Masters Championship. It just seemed to me that there were fewer than were at the Pacific Masters SYC Championship meet. I actually saw a few more LZRs than I had in the past, and there were several of the nifty fluorescent pink Neros. But I think the trend of tech suit escalation has definitely reversed itself. I think that most people that have them are still swimming in them. More power to them. I've moved on and am starting to make peace with being slower again...

I would guess that for the SCM season, a lot of masters will still wear them. If they swim in a scy meet, it might go either way.

I decided that for SCM, I will wear mine. If I swim in a scy meet before next year, I will wear jammers. Times in SCM don't really mean a whole lot to me, since this is the first season that I have raced this course.

And I agree with Patrick B. thought(a little paraphrasing) "regardless of what I wear this year, I plan on being faster next year"

Ahelee Sue Osborn
November 2nd, 2009, 02:48 PM
I bought one of the $100. B70s and it came last week...

Was shocked to see how stretched out my old one was - ha ha!
1 and 1/2 inch stretched out in the armhole.
It still felt pretty tight to me.

I'll definitely wear mine in open water swims next year.
And the stretched out B70 will come in handy when I'm teaching out in the ocean for a little added insulation in the cold water.

ande
November 2nd, 2009, 03:26 PM
be careful when you wear one in the ocean
you can swim so fast a shark might mistake you for a very skinny sea lion

I bought one of the $100. B70s and it came last week...

Was shocked to see how stretched out my old one was - ha ha!
1 and 1/2 inch stretched out in the armhole.
It still felt pretty tight to me.

I'll definitely wear mine in open water swims next year.
And the stretched out B70 will come in handy when I'm teaching out in the ocean for a little added insulation in the cold water.

Midas
November 2nd, 2009, 04:13 PM
And I agree with Patrick B. thought(a little paraphrasing) "regardless of what I wear this year, I plan on being faster next year"

Amen to that. I plan to swim fast for my shave and taper meet(s) and less fast at other meets. Shaving or wearing a fast full body suit definitely make a difference.

aquageek
November 2nd, 2009, 04:31 PM
Will tech suits be banned for the one hour swim after Jan 1? I would consider shelling out $100 for a B70 if I could wear it in the one hour in Jan.

thewookiee
November 2nd, 2009, 04:46 PM
Will tech suits be banned for the one hour swim after Jan 1? I would consider shelling out $100 for a B70 if I could wear it in the one hour in Jan.

If they are banned for masters, it won't be until after the FINA bureau meets, which I think is is in mid/late Jan.

Midas
November 2nd, 2009, 05:43 PM
I asked Dean Jackson at B70 if they were offering any discounts for B70 Nero Comps & how to order one.

his response was:
"Ande. Call the office in Seattle and tell them
Dean says sell me a nero suit and nero bag for 100 bucks plus shipping.
You should be sweet."

Tel: 1 206 632 1994

blue seventy North America
117 W. Denny Way Suite 215
Seattle, WA 98119
Email: usa@blueseventy.com

So I called and ordered a size 30 to be my back up suit at Long Beach.

These arenít likely to be legal when FINA & USMS change the rules, but we should be able to wear them in Nov & Dec USMS meets & for Fast Fridays in practice.

Ande, you never said whether Dean would extend this offer to others. I might be tempted to order one of these for wetsuit legal open water races (like the Alcatraz Sharkfest Swim).

aquageek
November 2nd, 2009, 05:48 PM
If they are banned for masters, it won't be until after the FINA bureau meets, which I think is is in mid/late Jan.

Hmmm, now I have a decision to make.

RobbieD
November 2nd, 2009, 07:09 PM
Ande, you never said whether Dean would extend this offer to others. I might be tempted to order one of these for wetsuit legal open water races (like the Alcatraz Sharkfest Swim).

The $100 deal is listed on their site here: http://www.blueseventy.com/store/us/home.php?cat=2

Midas
November 2nd, 2009, 09:20 PM
It is, but it's the nero bag part that I'm most interested in.

swimsuit addict
November 3rd, 2009, 02:48 PM
I tried on my B70 this past weekend for the first time since Portland. Not sure whether I'll wear it or not for my big December meet (and I definitely don't need a new one).

I did want to share that I found some gloves that made the process of suiting up a whole lot easier:
http://www.goldviolin.com/v/vspfiles/photos/91719-fslash-20-2T.jpg (javascript:OpenNewWindow('/PhotoDetails.asp?ShowDESC=N&ProductCode=' + escape('91719%2F20'), 640, 600))
They're cotton gloves with rubber-coated palms--lots of traction, no worries about fingernail snags. They're made by a company that manufactures support hose (that seems about right):D.

(Disregard the bottle in the picture--it's some sort of washing solution.)