PDA

View Full Version : Only Can Swim three times a week.

triathlondude
July 11th, 2003, 12:26 PM
I am really getting into these USMS workouts they are great, and yes sometimes hard. My problem is that I only can swim three times a week, so do I just follow the workouts posted in Out of the Box the day that I am swimming eg. The Friday 11 July 2003 on Friday 11 July 2003 or do I progress one after the other ignoring the days altogether or do I pick and choose?:confused:

NKMD
July 13th, 2003, 07:17 PM
Ron,
Greetings from Illinois. Great to see other swimmers on our discussion forum.

Going back to your original question: the best thing about Masters is that you decide what you want to do. Swim or not swim today. 3 times a week is great. You decide what you want to work on for that workout. Distance, IM, Stroke, Sprints. Then tailor your workout for that. But make sure you take a written workout with you, because I know that you can easily talk yourself out of swimming a set.

The workouts that are on the discussion can be adjusted to your speed and you don't have to do the current weeks workout. View all the workouts and pick a few.

Also do a workout that is the same or similar once a month and that can help you guage your swimming progress.

Good Luck and welcome to Master swimming.

Nadine

triathlondude
August 1st, 2003, 01:45 PM
Hello Nadine:

Thanks for your advice; sorry for the delay but work has been too busy getting in the way of my lunchtime swimming. I appreciated your advice and have been picking the routine for the day that I have been swimming. I like the mix of routines supplied by USMS. Have fun swimming.
Ron
:)