PDA

View Full Version : Track starts?

jstonebarger
November 9th, 2009, 12:48 PM
I'm a new swimmer, with a rare chance to swim in a competition pool over the holidays. Any tips on track starts? Having never tried one before, my first thought is to not embarass myself. But with a few days to practice I'd like to think I could learn something. Could I? Any advice will be appreciated.

ande
November 9th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Tip 177a Crocker's Track Start Tips

jstonebarger
November 10th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Excellent, Ande. Thank you.

__steve__
November 10th, 2009, 02:29 PM
I need to learn these too, I'm just afraid of reinjuring my shoulder from a dislocation.

GaryHallSr
November 10th, 2009, 05:36 PM
I just wrote a piece on track starts, specifically the slingshot start and posted on our website, www.theraceclub.com, under Interactive, then Secret Tips. Hope you enjoy.

Gary Sr.

jstonebarger
November 11th, 2009, 01:05 PM
I just wrote a piece on track starts, specifically the slingshot start and posted on our website, www.theraceclub.com (http://www.theraceclub.com), under Interactive, then Secret Tips. Hope you enjoy.

Gary Sr.

Thanks, Gary. That should help a lot.

BR KnuckleDragger
November 11th, 2009, 01:20 PM
I love those track starting blocks in Sweden at The World Cup...Ahelee, can you order those for Nadadores?

orca1946
November 11th, 2009, 01:24 PM
As an older master swimmer, I have used the 2 foot at the edge for so long it's going to be tough to change my start. This season, I will give it a try in meets.