PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Albatross Open

jroddin
November 10th, 2009, 01:32 PM
In the next few weeks I will update the Albatross Home Page with information on the 2010 meet. For now, here are some announcements regarding the meet:

- Meet will be held March 20, 2010 at the Montgomery Aquatic Center in North Bethesda, MD (same course - SCM).

- We plan to offer online entries for the 2010 meet. Procrastinators unite! Entry fees will be the same as last year.

- We will have short sleeve and long sleeve t-shirts available for purchase (used to just have SL).

- I plan to shuffle up the order of events a tad :cheerleader: - primarily to correct the problem with the 50/200 breast being so close together. In the early days of the meet the 200 stroke events were combined and swum together - you could only choose one of them. Over time we received enough entries to split them into their own events. So then we ended up with all the 200 stroke events together - which was unfair to those who wanted to do more than one of them. And another byproduct was placing the 200 breast very close to the 50 breast. So I will swap the 200 back with the 50 back and then move the 200 breast to be earlier in the meet. The new order will surely displease some, but it will indeed be an improvement over what we've offered in the past.

I hope you can make it to the meet - we average close to 200 swimmers for the afternoon/evening meet and the social afterwards is icing on the cake:cake:. Plus nobody has to get up early to make it to warm ups!:bed:

Jeff Roddin
Montgomery Ancient Mariners
jroddin@pvmasters.org

swimshark
November 10th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I'm going to miss it again this year :badday: I'll be celebrating Matthew's birthday at Disney World :applaud:

psyncw
November 10th, 2009, 04:42 PM
I always look forward to this meet every year! I was fond of the order of events, but it's good to change it up now and then- it'll get me to swim something different :)

jroddin
January 8th, 2010, 06:53 PM
The online entry form with the new order events is now available on the Albatross Home Page:
http://www.pvmasters.org/albatross.htm

pwolf66
January 11th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Not that I've been training that much lately but it appears that I will not be able to make this meet. PVS JOs are that weekend and I've got a lot of kids that will be swimming that weekend.

Ah well.

Speedo
January 12th, 2010, 10:05 AM
I had a great time at this meet last year, and am looking forward to it this year- trying to get permission for the post-meet celebration as well...!

swimlab56
January 14th, 2010, 04:08 PM
What's the water temp???? 79 perchance!!!!?????:):cheerleader::banana::bliss::b liss::applaud:

jroddin
January 15th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Just for you, Lisa, we'll make sure your lane is at 79 for each of your events. Everybody else may have 82, though :agree:

Swimmy
March 16th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Looking forward to seeing everyone. Who else is going to the after party?
:cheerleader:

jroddin
March 17th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Psych sheets are now available. Timeline and heat sheets to follow later. Here is the link with the meet info:
http://www.pvmasters.org/albatross.htm