psyncw
November 13th, 2009, 11:50 AM
i'm looking forward to it!

Rnovitske
November 13th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Two breaststrokes separated by one event. Thank you meet directors!:applaud:

pwolf66
November 13th, 2009, 08:58 PM
For a 1 day meet lineup, I have to say it's a pretty nice lineup.

thewookiee
November 14th, 2009, 10:37 AM

Word....except mine is two backstroke races separated by one event.

Muppet
November 17th, 2009, 02:23 AM

Word....except mine is two backstroke races separated by one event.

True, but they're the 50s and 200s, and especially with the backstroke, there's a popular event in-between to provide additional down-time. Plus, don't forget the possibility of up to two additional breaks. Regardless, if I can get more folks to step up to host meets in our area, we'll see the same situation with fly and free at some point down the line. I've got a few orders of events that will screw everyone over at some point. Just trying to spread the love ;-)

Wookie, the last time you registered for a meet at this pool, you didn't show up... you going to actually try to make it this time? ;-)

BTW, for everyone else, registration is active. Paul, thanks for posting.

thewookiee
November 17th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Wookie, the last time you registered for a meet at this pool, you didn't show up... you going to actually try to make it this time? ;-)

If I am able to come, yes, I will be there. Last time, I had a better offer...to show my old stomping grounds to someone that had never been there...so... :thhbbb:

swimshark
November 17th, 2009, 03:50 PM
If I am able to come, yes, I will be there. Last time, I had a better offer...to show my old stomping grounds to someone that had never been there...so... :thhbbb:

:blah:

Muppet
December 2nd, 2009, 11:41 AM
This letter went out via email today - just making sure everyone gets it!

-----
USMS Swimmers,

Please join DCRP and Potomac Valley Masters Swimming as we co-host the 2009 ‘Last Chance’ SCM Meet on Sunday, December 13th in Washington, DC. Not only will this be your last chance to swim a short course meters meet in 2009, but also an opportunity to race in the newly built Wilson High School Aquatics Facility.

In the interest of going ‘green’ and to ensure timely processing of registration, entry is available online only, and registration closes at 11:59pm on Tuesday December 8. Please visit the link below to sign up, and be sure to have your USMS membership number and credit card information handy for registration:

DCRP/PV Last Chance SCM meet at the new Wilson High School pool (https://www.clubassistant.com/club/meet_information.cfm?c=1403&smid=1968)

Register today and don’t miss your chance … the entry deadline of December 8th is less than a week away!

Sincerely,

Bryan Evangelista & Jeff Strahota

Meet Directors

P.S. – Wilson High School is conveniently located only a few blocks away from the Tenleytown/AU metro stop on the Red Line. For directions, please click here (http://maps.google.com/maps?li=d&hl=en&f=d&iwstate1=dir:to&daddr=3950+Chesapeake+St+NW,+Washington,+DC+20016+ (Woodrow+Wilson+Senior+High+School)&geocode=Cb7C6ZlIZLE_FX1QUgId2-Vn-w&iwloc=1&dq=Wilson+High+School&ei=ebYBS9XVBYrKMNSLgMkH).

thewookiee
December 7th, 2009, 09:04 AM
I will get getting into D.C. on Friday evening. Would anyone in the area like to get together for dinner on saturday night?

Wolf-are you going to do the meet?

Muppet
December 7th, 2009, 10:47 PM
wolf isn't signed up yet...

thewookiee
December 8th, 2009, 07:53 AM
wolf isn't signed up yet...

Last day to sign-up!!! Wolf...send in your entry...even if you just do 50's, show up!!!!

Muppet
December 8th, 2009, 10:28 PM
I will get getting into D.C. on Friday evening. Would anyone in the area like to get together for dinner on saturday night?

I may have to coach an evening session of a kiddos trials/finals meet, so won't know of my availability until Saturday noon.

thewookiee
December 9th, 2009, 08:19 AM
I may have to coach an evening session of a kiddos trials/finals meet, so won't know of my availability until Saturday noon.

No worries. I don't have any plans for Saturday afternoon. You or blue muppet or someone else can let me know if ya'll want to do something.

pwolf66
December 9th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Last day to sign-up!!! Wolf...send in your entry...even if you just do 50's, show up!!!!

Not a chance. I will be on deck for the Turkey Claus meet on Fri,Sat and Sun. Swimming is NOT an option. Heck, sleeping may not be an option.

pwolf66
December 9th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Sport Fair or Turkey Claus?

swimshark
December 10th, 2009, 08:28 AM
No worries. I don't have any plans for Saturday afternoon. You or blue muppet or someone else can let me know if ya'll want to do something.

Where are you staying?

thewookiee
December 10th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Where are you staying?

The Hyatt at Bethseda Metro Center

swimshark
December 10th, 2009, 09:02 AM
The Hyatt at Bethseda Metro Center

Oh. I'm a bit too far for you. You could head out this way and join a bunch of 4 year olds for a bowling birthday party. :bolt:

thewookiee
December 10th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Oh. I'm a bit too far for you. You could head out this way and join a bunch of 4 year olds for a bowling birthday party. :bolt:

That would rock! Esp. if they put the bumpers up in each lane!

swimshark
December 10th, 2009, 11:06 AM
That would rock! Esp. if they put the bumpers up in each lane!

I hope they put up the bumpers. It's the only way I bowl well :)

thewookiee
December 10th, 2009, 11:08 AM
I hope they put up the bumpers. It's the only way I bowl well :)

I bowl really well...when I get to use other people's lanes.

swimshark
December 10th, 2009, 04:27 PM
I bowl really well...when I get to use other people's lanes.

You would bowl well with Matthew then.

thewookiee
December 10th, 2009, 04:30 PM
You would bowl well with Matthew then.

:applaud:

Muppet
December 11th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Timeline and Heat Sheets attached.

tjrpatt
December 11th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Wow, I have Roddins surrounding me in the 400 IM.

thewookiee
December 11th, 2009, 04:24 PM

And there is a wookiee and a blue muppet next to each other in the 200 back. Someone call animal control!!

jroddin
December 12th, 2009, 09:09 AM

Just be glad my dad isn't at the meet, too, because he often swims the 400 IM!

Julie Roddin
December 14th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Just be glad my dad isn't at the meet, too, because he often swims the 400 IM!

And I would have still been the last Roddin to finish the 400 IM if your Dad was there!

thewookiee
December 14th, 2009, 11:58 AM
And I would have still been the last Roddin to finish the 400 IM if your Dad was there!

Only by marriage. You are still the first oplinger(sp?) to finish the event.