PDA

View Full Version : 36th ANNUAL SUNBELT CHAMPIONSHIP

bergsteiger
November 15th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Anyone going to the 36th ANNUAL SUNBELT CHAMPIONSHIP (https://www.clubassistant.com/club/meet_information.cfm?c=234&smid=1904) ?

Donna did you get my message?

Donna
November 15th, 2009, 08:22 PM
I'll be doing the North Myrtle Beach meet the following weekend. Since I can stay with my parents this makes a great trip for me and the family. Unfortunately that would mean I will be oncall the weekend of the Sunbelt Champ.

I have to plan out my meets around kids meets and my oncall schedule.

You want to use GAJA (Georgia Masters) and SAVM (Savannah Masters).

Good luck at the meet.

Lump
November 15th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Hmm....might have to think about this one! I know most of the USS Coaches up there at MAC since they used to be at Dynamo. Might be a fun trip. It will either be this one or Auburn. I'm kinda leaning towards Auburn though since I never got to swim at the facility in my college days, we were in that old dungeon of a pool they used to have.

hnatkin
November 16th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Jeff -
I don't know anything about the Sunbelt meet, but Auburn is the biggest and best meet around here that I have been to. Are you coming to St Nicks?
Heidi

thewookiee
November 16th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Jeff -
I don't know anything about the Sunbelt meet, but Auburn is the biggest and best meet around here that I have been to. Are you coming to St Nicks?
Heidi

The sunbelt is suppose to be a good meet. Geek swims in it and likes it. I am planning on coming to St. Nicks.

In fairness, the Auburn meet is about the only big style meet in the area for people in TN/GA area.

Lump
November 16th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Jeff -
Heidi

Yep, I just mailed out my entry on Saturday. Doing all the frees (50-800) and will gladly do any relays if asked.

__steve__
November 19th, 2009, 12:58 AM
I should go.

bergsteiger
November 23rd, 2009, 01:37 AM
I swam this meet last year and quite enjoyed it. Lots of competition and well run in a nice facility. Plenty of extra lanes to warm up/down. Downtown Charlotte is very clean with plenty to do. Never been to the Auburn meet though so I can't really compare it.

Donna
November 23rd, 2009, 07:39 AM
Since Auburn is hosting the 2011 LCM Nationals you might want to get aquainted with their pool. Just a thought.

hnatkin
November 23rd, 2009, 08:27 AM
Aren't they going to use the new outdoor pool for nationals?

thewookiee
November 23rd, 2009, 08:43 AM
Aren't they going to use the new outdoor pool for nationals?

No. They will use the indoor pool. The outdoor will be for warmup/warm down. Do you really want to swim outdoors in Auburn, AL in late July/early august?

pwolf66
November 30th, 2009, 03:14 PM
No. They will use the indoor pool. The outdoor will be for warmup/warm down. Do you really want to swim outdoors in Auburn, AL in late July/early august?

Hmm, too humid to call it Bikram Swimming.....