PDA

View Full Version : 2009 St. Nick's Meet, December 5

Glider
December 2nd, 2009, 09:00 AM
Psych sheets are up here (http://atlantarainbowtrout.com/). See everyone there.

thewookiee
December 2nd, 2009, 09:10 AM
See you on saturday!

Glider
December 2nd, 2009, 09:26 AM
Are ya shavin down, wookiee?

See you on saturday!

Lump
December 2nd, 2009, 10:13 AM
See everyone Saturday morning!:applaud:

Are all the events going to run mixed, or will they separate men & women? This is really my first "real" Masters Meet. I don't count the Pentahlon or Developemental meets.

thewookiee
December 2nd, 2009, 10:19 AM
Are ya shavin down, wookiee?

Nope. Not even planning on resting. Will probably do a long wake-up swim in Chattanooga on Saturday before heading down to the meet.

Lump
December 2nd, 2009, 10:44 AM
BTW, I seeded my self way too fast in the 800. I shoulda put like 12:30:afraid:

thewookiee
December 2nd, 2009, 10:51 AM
Does anyone know if they are going to use 8 lanes or 10 lanes for the meet? I know it probably said in the meet info but I don't remember

Glider
December 2nd, 2009, 11:16 AM
Pretty darn sure they'll use all 10 lanes, as I've seen them do for every other meet (USAS, summer league champs, etc.) My rough timeline has the meet ending about 5:30 using 10 lanes.

Nope. Not even planning on resting. Will probably do a long wake-up swim in Chattanooga on Saturday before heading down to the meet.

Glider
December 2nd, 2009, 11:44 AM
Jeff, 9:30 is only a 1:11 pace... :afraid:But 12:30 is 1:34. That's warmup pace for you, right?:D

thewookiee
December 2nd, 2009, 11:46 AM
Pretty darn sure they'll use all 10 lanes, as I've seen them do for every other meet (USAS, summer league champs, etc.) My rough timeline has the meet ending about 5:30 using 10 lanes.

Ok. Thanks!!

Lump
December 2nd, 2009, 11:49 AM
Jeff, 9:30 is only a 1:11 pace... :afraid:But 12:30 is 1:34. That's warmup pace for you, right?:D

in yards maybe!

Glider
December 2nd, 2009, 12:33 PM
Love the new avatar...Hilarious:banana:

Looks like we'll be racing in the 100 and 200 BR.

Ok. Thanks!!

thewookiee
December 2nd, 2009, 12:38 PM
Love the new avatar...Hilarious:banana:

Looks like we'll be racing in the 100 and 200 BR.

Thank You...thank you!

I wouldn't call what I do "racing breastroke" The breastroke events are filler events for me until I either commit to swimming fly again or am able to swim freestyle again.

Right now, the breastrokes are my fun events. I was never any good at them. But I still try to race as fast as I can.

hnatkin
December 2nd, 2009, 03:23 PM
Jeff,
It really depends on the meet. This meet looks like only the distance events are mixed. At Auburn they mix everything. At Nationals men and women are separate.

Donna
December 2nd, 2009, 06:09 PM
Looks like lots of people at this one. I will probably have to scratch the 400 Free because I promised to babysit my neice and nephews that evening but after the lineup I have that is probably wise.

See you then!!!

Lump
December 2nd, 2009, 07:01 PM
I may scratch an event or two depending if I get asked to do any relays. I'm swimming all the freestyles.

Glider
December 2nd, 2009, 09:40 PM
There are 177 swimmers and 742 event entries, not counting relays or any late entries. I don't see us getting out of there before 6 PM. But...there should be lots of rest between events.:applaud:

Looks like lots of people at this one. I will probably have to scratch the 400 Free because I promised to babysit my neice and nephews that evening but after the lineup I have that is probably wise.

See you then!!!

Donna
December 4th, 2009, 01:39 PM

You'll have me in your heat so don't worry I'll wave while you swim past me....:)

Lump
December 6th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Great job by everyone and it was great meeting all of you! Hope to see you at Auburn or St. Pat's!:applaud:

elise526
December 8th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Does anybody have the link for the results for the St. Nick's meet?

Lump
December 8th, 2009, 12:40 PM

Not up yet. When they are they will be here:

http://www.dixiezone.org/Meets.htm#09results

Glider
December 8th, 2009, 03:51 PM
I've looked on the USMS, Dixie Zone, and Atlanta Rainbow Trout sites, and nothing yet.

On another note, the meet referees had to leave the meet early, so the last two events (or so) were not eligible for Top Times and records. I hope this doesn't get uglier and impact the whole meet...

I left a little early, but I even overheard that they cancelled the last relays. Is that true?

thewookiee
December 8th, 2009, 04:00 PM
I've looked on the USMS, Dixie Zone, and Atlanta Rainbow Trout sites, and nothing yet.

On another note, the meet referees had to leave the meet early, so the last two events (or so) were not eligible for Top Times and records. I hope this doesn't get uglier and impact the whole meet...

I left a little early, but I even overheard that they cancelled the last relays. Is that true?

Yes, it is true. The officials had to leave for a high school meet apparently. So the 100 fly/400 free swims are not official. They did cancel the last relays too.

Donna
December 9th, 2009, 08:50 AM
I just scratched the 400 since the meet went way too long for my plans.

Good seeing everyone!

Lump
December 9th, 2009, 08:54 AM
I just scratched the 400 since the meet went way too long for my plans.

Good seeing everyone!

I scratched the 400 cause I had no gas left in the tank! In retrospect, I probably should have done it just for the points, but I don't like swimming if I can't give an honest effort.

Glider
December 9th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Results are up here (http://www.dixiezone.org/Results/0912stnick.pdf) on the Dixie Zone site. Not yet loaded in the USMS meet database.

thewookiee
December 10th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Results are up here (http://www.dixiezone.org/Results/0912stnick.pdf) on the Dixie Zone site. Not yet loaded in the USMS meet database.

Thanks for posting. Thanks for allowing me to remember the 50 back at the end of the meet too. :)

Glider
December 10th, 2009, 10:47 AM
You bet, and sorry about your slip. But I looked at your times and it sure looks like you had a good meet in your other backstroke events.

And your evil stroke was pretty good too, I might add. I think you got 3rd in the 200, right?

It appears thewookiee is a middle distance guy:bow: I wish I had even a sprinkling of slow twitch in me...

By the way, did you win high-point in your AG?

Thanks for posting. Thanks for allowing me to remember the 50 back at the end of the meet too. :)

thewookiee
December 10th, 2009, 10:57 AM
You bet, and sorry about your slip. But I looked at your times and it sure looks like you had a good meet in your other backstroke events.

And your evil stroke was pretty good too, I might add. I think you got 3rd in the 200, right?

It appears thewookiee is a middle distance guy:bow: I wish I had even a sprinkling of slow twitch in me...

By the way, did you win high-point in your AG?

I did. Thanks. The atlanta rainbow trout gave really good high point awards. Great christmas mug and some good candy and hot coco.

p_con
December 10th, 2009, 11:00 AM
It was a fun meet, hope its SCM again next year!!!

Lump
December 22nd, 2009, 10:08 AM
Are they submitting the results of this meet to the USMS database? I see alot of meets that already submitted results that happened after this meet on Dec 5. I'd like to see our times in the SCM Top 50 List!!!

Glider
December 22nd, 2009, 11:19 PM
I hear ya. My understanding is that it is up to the Top Ten chair in the LMSC where the meet was sanctioned to submit times to the meet results db.

My guess is that our Top Ten chair (Ed S.) has been fairly busy. Not only was he the meet director for this event, but he jumped right in and directed the GA Sr. State meet for three days the following weekend.

That plus there is work, Christmas, shopping, vacation(?), family, etc. We just may need to be a little more patient. I'll give him until sometime next week before bugging him.

On the other hand, there are several other reasons that the results might not be posted yet. I've seen meet result postings held up because not all USMS registration numbers were provided in the meet file.

I know the ART folks ran into some trouble and had to to update their version of Hy-Tek software at the very last minute to run the meet on the GA Tech timing system. Maybe there was a snafu there.

Or my worst fear, since the meet referees left early and it was announced that the last two events weren't eligible for Top Ten or records, that maybe through some technicality, it invalidated times for the whole meet.

I dunno, but I don't want to bug Ed until after Christmas...but trust me, I will next week if they aren't in the db.:D

Are they submitting the results of this meet to the USMS database? I see alot of meets that already submitted results that happened after this meet on Dec 5. I'd like to see our times in the SCM Top 50 List!!!

Glider
December 28th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Interesting...the Dixie Zone SCM records have been updated by Ed S. here (http://www.dixiezone.org/TT_Records/DixieSCM.pdf), and they include records set at the St. Nicks meet. So, it appears Ed has validated the meet results.

I can only speculate that he is waiting to submit the meet file to the results database due to incomplete results information - most likely swimmer USMS registration numbers not entered in Hy-Tek by the meet hosts.

Lump
January 6th, 2010, 04:03 PM
still not up, what the hell?!

Glider
January 6th, 2010, 05:51 PM
I sent Ed an email earlier today. He responded, "I'll upload the results to the results database as soon as I get a chance."

Lump
January 6th, 2010, 07:50 PM
I know he's probably pretty busy with all the 2010 USMS renewals. I just got mine and it only took about 3-4 days.:applaud:

p_con
January 14th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Any word on the results be uploaded?

Lump
January 14th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Any word on the results be uploaded?

They are in the Dixie Zone results, but for whatever reason have not been submitted for the USMS database/Top 50.

Glider
January 15th, 2010, 11:16 AM
The results of the meet are now in the meet results db. :bliss: