PDA

View Full Version : Empire State Games information

Beards247
July 17th, 2003, 09:00 AM
From Pickett Simpson -

He also stated that I could pick up the entrants packets in Buffalo and bring them to Brockport. I will do this on the Friday before the meet. You might alert people that this my plan in order to avoid the 100 mile round trip.

ArtShark
July 20th, 2003, 01:15 PM
Hey Beards! I hope I get to meet you at the Empire Games. Any psych sheets posted for this meet?

Beards247
July 21st, 2003, 08:58 AM
Hey Art Shark!

Given the states' sluggishness, I doubt we will have a chance to post pysche sheets (they hold all the entries)... I can tell you that you there 100+ people signed up, so it should be a good time had by all.

I will be there on Saturday, though not swimming. Seems as though I have this issue with deadlines.... : ) Look for me in timer regalia. : )

Chris

ArtShark
July 21st, 2003, 10:40 PM
I'll look you up on Sat. Sorry you won't get to swim, but I guess someone has to do the work. I'm not surprised about no psych sheet, but it would have ben nice if they at least listed age groups on the roster sheets. Hey, at least they're having the event this year. At the Senior Games I heard some rumblings about it being so far from the rest of the games, but I quess they had trouble getting another pool. I wish they would have just held it with the open and scholastic groups even if at seperate times. See you Sat.:)

Beards247
July 22nd, 2003, 08:50 AM
Me too. But with Water polo, diving, and even synch swimming finding pool time is a big challenge...

See you at the meet. What are your events/entry times/goal times?

Chris

ArtShark
July 23rd, 2003, 12:30 PM
I am going to swim 3 events each day. My goal, which I set a year ago when I returned to swimming after 31 yrs. off is to win a medal at the Empire Games. My times have been getting better with almost each meet. So far I have swam in 4 different meets. I was struggling a bit at first and was frustrated. In January I had a heart attack after leaving a practice. The Dr. put in 2 Stints and told me to go right back to swimming after a 2 week rest. Almost immediately I felt better. I wasn't as short of breath and practice seemed easier. Since then I have been working hard to improve and feel pretty good now. We will see in a few days. I'll see you there Chris.