PDA

View Full Version : The New Guy

racer
December 17th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Hi everyone, I'm the new guy.
I'm Jeff Denton of Kalispell Montana.
I was a swimmer as a kid, on several teams in Great Falls including Gus' Guppies and the CM Russell High School State Championship Swim Team of 1975.
This was back when Montana high school swimming was a very new sport, in fact they had just recently invented water, as I tell my kids.
My kids. Joceline and Carley, who swim on our local team, KATS. A great little organization.
I splash around in the pool now and then still, and am considering entering an upcoming alumni meet and maybe whatever Masters event comes along. I last swam competitively in a Masters meet here in about '91, surprisingly could still (barely) break a minute in the 100 free. Not sure I can still do that...swim a hundred yards, that is...
They do keep portable defribulaters (sp?) handy at Master meets, right? I haven't checked the rules yet. Are walkers allowed on deck? Do they have a crane available to get me up on the block?
I look forward to swimming with all of you.:drown:

david.margrave
December 18th, 2009, 11:52 PM
I was on the missoula team from '81 - '85. I remember swimming at meets in kalispell, and the old woodland park 25m outdoor pool, and some health club up on a hill north of downtown had a 25 yard pool. I think the woodland park pool used to be something like 100 feet, but they put in a bulkhead to make it 25 meters.

As far as masters meets in montana, I was told they have at most one a year (I went to one in missoula in march), and most masters swim at USA swimming meets for that reason.

racer
December 21st, 2009, 03:09 PM
KATS is hosting an "Alumni Meet" this Wed. (Dec. 23) at the Summit. "Alumni of what?" I asked Coach Brandon. "Alumni of anything, just come and swim some events, and invite any other swimmers you know" he says.

You're all invited. Come swim.

racer
December 24th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Results: Alumni 64:applaud:
Kids 58

Excellent turnout! Great fun! Amazing talent both young and old.