PDA

View Full Version : Want to join USMS but do not live in US

joshua
December 23rd, 2009, 03:16 AM
I would like to join the USMS and to do so I must select a state and a swimming club. I live in Israel. How to proceed? I would really like to join in order to get the magazine and have access to the w/o area of the site. Thanks in advance.

Frosty
December 23rd, 2009, 01:41 PM
Joshua,

Indeed you are correct. You will need to register through an LMSC. Registering through any LMSC will give you a magazine subscription and access to the workout area of the website. This is explained when you go to the USMS registration page (http://www.usms.org/reg/) and select the "Do you live outside the U.S.?" link.

You can register in any LMSC that you choose. There is a variance in the registration fee that is charged...Ohio and Alaska, I believe, are the least expensive at $32. (Most others are at least $40) Some LMSCs provide additional services/benefits like a local newsletter, local product discounts and targeted e-mailings, but those things probably won't help you any. I doubt that you have any need to affiliate with a USMS club, so you might as well go with the least expensive option.

Best wishes,
- Frosty

Betsy
December 23rd, 2009, 02:38 PM
I don't think you can register online w/o a U.S. address. Club Assistant doesn't accept credit card without a U.S. address. It can get complicated to pay by check if it is not in U.S. dollars. If I am incorrect, let me know. If anyone has a way around this, please post solution.

joshua
December 23rd, 2009, 03:16 PM
I don't think you can register online w/o a U.S. address. Club Assistant doesn't accept credit card without a U.S. address. It can get complicated to pay by check if it is not in U.S. dollars. If I am incorrect, let me know. If anyone has a way around this, please post solution.

Yup, your'e right. That's the problem.

redcliffe
December 24th, 2009, 03:45 AM
I'm also interested in joining, I'm from Australia. Masters swimming isn't quite as well organised here as it is there. Thanks,

David