PDA

View Full Version : NICE AZ Media!

Ahelee Sue Osborn
December 28th, 2009, 01:47 AM
Check out the media promo piece from Mesa, AZ!

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/video/?bcpid=1155316042&bclid=1155075693&bctid=57140036001

EVERY team ought to consider doing this type of thing in their area...
Congratulations Paul & Laura Smith who are building the club in Mesa!

pwb
January 4th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Check out the media promo piece from Mesa, AZ!

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/video/?bcpid=1155316042&bclid=1155075693&bctid=57140036001

EVERY team ought to consider doing this type of thing in their area...
Congratulations Paul & Laura Smith who are building the club in Mesa!

Definitely nice media coverage and some nice shots of the facility for 2011 Nationals. Anyone who's ever had the privilege to swim with Paul and Laura knows that they run great, high energy, high "swim content / technique" workouts. They definitely have a great program already and it's only bound to get stronger. Check out their ambitious meet schedule this spring on www.mesamasters.com!

karenmac
January 6th, 2010, 04:03 PM
this is fantastic, and great to know about. I'll be out in AZ again in March to see some Spring Training baseball, and while I don't have a group setting here in Illinois, I may try and drop in on a few of these practices if the timing works out well :)

Doug Adamavich
February 11th, 2010, 11:27 AM
this is fantastic, and great to know about. I'll be out in AZ again in March to see some Spring Training baseball, and while I don't have a group setting here in Illinois, I may try and drop in on a few of these practices if the timing works out well :)

There are workouts at two pools (including Kino) during the week. Normally there are three workouts per day (morning, noon, and evening) plus weekend practices. Stop by, the City of Mesa has done a fantastic job of upgrading their facilities and the Smiths have a great team.

Plus, the pool is not far from Hohokam Park where the Cubbies play...

Rykno
February 12th, 2010, 03:56 PM
I'll be swimming there in about 8 weeks. Looking fwd to some outdoor swimming.

karenmac
February 15th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Doug,
Thanks for letting me know! Depending on what we're doing each day, workout timing will likely vary, so glad to know that I'm set. I'm "team-less" in central Illinois, so am not used to standard practices the way I used to be. Many thanks for the inside scoop!!! :)

There are workouts at two pools (including Kino) during the week. Normally there are three workouts per day (morning, noon, and evening) plus weekend practices. Stop by, the City of Mesa has done a fantastic job of upgrading their facilities and the Smiths have a great team.

Plus, the pool is not far from Hohokam Park where the Cubbies play...

aztimm
February 18th, 2010, 07:38 PM
I'll be swimming there in about 8 weeks. Looking fwd to some outdoor swimming.

It is a great facility, if you're there in the morning you may see me.

Since you're from Sweden, do you know Camilla (Johansson-Sponseller)? She was a coach at ASU but moved back there. I know it is a big country, but swimming is a small world.

Rykno
February 19th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Since you're from Sweden, do you know Camilla (Johansson-Sponseller)? She was a coach at ASU but moved back there. I know it is a big country, but swimming is a small world.

I live here, but I am not from here ;) I'm as American as they come.

Camilla is our team's new head coach, and the reason we are coming to Arizona :)

the two of us are hoping to get in an early workout before the kids swim. so I'm sure will meet up one of those days. For me it will be a great chance to get in a week of swimming before I start my harder work out schedule for a few OW races and Worlds

I see you are in Chandler, I am hoping to get time to go eat at the Heart Attack Grill, atleast once before we leave.

Ryan

orca1946
March 2nd, 2010, 03:40 PM
Anything to promote our sport is a good thing !:applaud: