PDA

View Full Version : Team Gear

Swimmy
January 17th, 2010, 09:54 PM
I need some advice about Team Gear. Our team is interested in getting team warm ups, hoodies, car magnets, etc. How do other teams manage purchasing and selling team items.
Is your team non-profit or for profit team?
Ideas welcome!
Thanks!

Swimmy
Terrapin Masters Swim Club
:cheerleader:

swimshark
January 18th, 2010, 08:16 AM
I need some advice about Team Gear. Our team is interested in getting team warm ups, hoodies, car magnets, etc. How do other teams manage purchasing and selling team items.
Is your team non-profit or for profit team?
Ideas welcome!
Thanks!

Swimmy
Terrapin Masters Swim Club
:cheerleader:

When I did it for our local team we sold the items (clothing) for the price we paid for them.

Rykno
January 19th, 2010, 08:19 AM
our team took in try on samples, and all the kids came to the pool before their regular practice and tried on the warm ups, t-shirts, shorts and what not, and we even had a travel bag and backpack to look at.

we sold the clothes for the same price as we paid, and if swimmers wanted their name or nickname on the items, they paid the extra cost.

once all the clothes came in, the swimmers picked up their orders and then got a bill in the mail.

but if you are going to have personalized items, then it might be better to get the money from swimmers first. we had two that stopped swimming between making the order and the clothes arriving, but with their name on every item they ordered.