PDA

View Full Version : Tell DirecTV that you want Universal Sports

universalsports
January 26th, 2010, 01:39 PM
If you donít want to miss this year's Swimming World Championships, Grand Prixís World Cups and more on Direct TV make sure to do something about it.
Visit http://www.universalsports.tv/I_want_Universal_Sports.html (http://www.universalsports.tv/I_want_Universal_Sports.html) and Tell DirecTV that you want Universal Sports.
Donít miss the 2010 swimming season!

Lump
January 26th, 2010, 01:50 PM
But I have Dish Network!

aquageek
January 26th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Screw that, I want Versus back on DirecTV. I'm starting to panic about the TDF next Summer.

chaos
January 26th, 2010, 02:24 PM
i will not subscribe to any cable service until they offer a la carte channel selection.....period.

thewookiee
January 26th, 2010, 02:43 PM
I don't have direct tv. Why can't NBC or one of the other networks carry it on regular cable instead of having to pay extra for it.

chaos
January 26th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Why can't NBC or one of the other networks carry it on regular cable instead of having to pay extra for it.

ha ha (serious question?)

remember the good old days when there were no commercials on cable?

thewookiee
January 26th, 2010, 03:18 PM
ha ha (serious question?)

remember the good old days when there were no commercials on cable?

No I don't. I am not that old. :)

knelson
January 26th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Why can't NBC or one of the other networks carry it on regular cable instead of having to pay extra for it.

They do. I have it on my Comcast cable. In fact, you can probably pick up Universal Sports with an antenna in many markets as a sub-channel on the NBC broadcast.

stillwater
January 26th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Haven't they all gone away from anaolg broadcasts?

I still have my old trusty black and white TV lurking around, (been with me through several girlfriends and a wife and it never let me down), but can't use it without one of those new fangled converter thingy confounding contraptions. Shela (my TV) doesn't even have the connector thing-a-ma-bobs to hook up with the before mentioned confuseatron machine.

I sound like the ex-guv from a northwestern state.

Sorry. I get emotional about Shela.

knelson
January 26th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Haven't they all gone away from anaolg broadcasts?

Over-the-air is all digital now. Many cable companies still offer analog service.

The digital signal is capable of being split into multiple streams so lots of stations carry alternate program on sub-channels. For example, in my area I could get Universal Sports on channel 5.2 from the local NBC affiliate using an antenna.

Glenn
January 26th, 2010, 07:52 PM
I LOVE this! I get Universal Sports and it's great. I don't have cable or a dish. Won't pay their constantly increasing prices.

We have an antenna and a converter box and now get 63 channels including digital 4.4 - Universal Sports. We also get 6 PBS stations.

Cable? We don't need no stinking cable!!:banana:

Edward The Head
January 28th, 2010, 06:52 PM
I LOVE this! I get Universal Sports and it's great. I don't have cable or a dish. Won't pay their constantly increasing prices.

We have an antenna and a converter box and now get 63 channels including digital 4.4 - Universal Sports. We also get 6 PBS stations.

Yep, here in the DC area we get 20 or so channels. I could get a lot more if I could turn my antenna. We get Universal Sports on 4.3, the local NBC station. Others who have an antenna should try and see if they also get US with the NBC.

knelson
January 29th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Others who have an antenna should try and see if they also get US with the NBC.

And if you have DirecTV it sounds like you might want to buy an antenna just to get Universal Sports. With the number of connections on modern TVs I'm sure cable, satellite and over-the-air could all coexist on separate inputs.

By the way, US has a website that shows where to get the station across the country:
http://www.universalsports.tv/Universal_Sports_on_TV.html

orca1946
January 29th, 2010, 06:58 PM
It seems I get one or the other ! I like U V better.