PDA

View Full Version : SCY Nationals - Registeration?

jbrzez
February 9th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Where is the registration link on the 2010 SCY Altanta Nationals Page?
http://www.usms.org/comp/scnats10/

According to SWIMMER magazine it was suppose to be posted 'no later then Feb. 1'

:confused::confused::confused:

swimshark
February 10th, 2010, 12:36 PM
They are working on it.

Allen Stark
February 13th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Any idea yet when it might be ready,same with the on campus housing?(Am I :dedhorse:)

swimcat
February 14th, 2010, 09:18 AM
email the meet director. and maybe he can lean on Tech.

joy
February 14th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Allen if u hear anything please let me know. Have been looking for a long
time also. Heard the person doing it couldn't be contacted and wasn't answering phone calls.

Calvin S
February 15th, 2010, 10:02 AM
same with the on campus housing?

this. really hoping to stay in the dorms, but i keep thinking i am going to miss the announcement and that by the time i realize i can register there, the dorms will have filled up.

OMS_Charlie
February 27th, 2010, 10:07 PM
They haven't responded to email inquiries about the dorm housing, either. Just a hint would be nice-March or April Tech campus registration will be available???:confused:

Chris Stevenson
February 28th, 2010, 09:23 PM
They haven't responded to email inquiries about the dorm housing, either. Just a hint would be nice-March or April Tech campus registration will be available???:confused:

Apparently they are still working on the contract. They anticipate sometime in the next two weeks.

esaltzman
March 1st, 2010, 02:38 PM
Since there are still a number of questions floating around concerning the 2010 U.S. Masters SC Nationals in Atlanta
I thought I would take this opportunity to answer as many as I can:

1) Online Registration is now open and can be accessed at https://www.USMS.org/comp/scnats10/onlineentry.php

2) On-Campus Housing - the contract has been signed and we are currently building the registration/booking system
and should have it online at www.georgiamasters.org within the next two weeks. I will begin posting pictures and additional
information on our web page, listed above, before the booking system goes live.

3) Free GT Trolley - several of you have seen the Summer Schedule for the GT Trolley and expressed concerns about GAPS in the schedule.
Please do not worry about it - we are adding additional Trolleys to supplement the schedule and fill all the gaps during the hours not covered
by the regular GT schedule.

Ed Saltzman
2010 U.S. Masters Swimming SC Nationals
Meet Director

esaltzman
March 3rd, 2010, 12:57 PM
On-Campus Housing is NOW available for the 2010 U.S. Masters Swimming Short Course National Championships in Atlanta, Georgia, May 20-23, 2010.

The reservation system can be accessed from the www.georgiamasters.org (http://www.georgiamasters.org) web page - follow the links to the Meet Information page and scroll down past the hotels to reach the On-Campus Housing information and registration system.

Ed Saltzman
Meet Director

cjquill
March 3rd, 2010, 01:34 PM
Registration link is very quick and easy to use - have your credit card handy.

OMS_Charlie
March 4th, 2010, 12:10 AM
:applaud: Thanks Ed! Any additional details about the on-campus housing? For example: 1. Do the guests have to provide their own bedding for the mattresses? 2. What about those whose flights arrive in the evening-will check in be available after the meet is done for the day in the evening? 3. Can those who are not staying on campus also purchase the meal plan that is being offered for the on-campus guests? 4. Will an updated Tech Trolley schedule be available prior to the meet?
Thanks!!!:chug:

esaltzman
March 8th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Charlie,

Thanks for the questions. I'll answer them here and also post under our Q&A section on our Meet Info page at www.georgiamasters.org (http://www.georgiamasters.org)

1) It is college dorm housing which means it will be sparce vs a hotel - but yes - linens are provided with the room.
2) Check-in will be during the regular meet registration hours. If you will be arriving late - please let me know in advance and we will make arrangements so you're not sleeping outside on the grass. email me at swimsalt@bellsouth.net
3) Meal plans - if and when offered will only be for the on-campus housing people. If there is a large demand we can work with the housing and conference folks to make arrangements - depending on the numbers. The billing process would be the only hang-up.
4) Yes - we are currently working with GT Transit department to take their already published summer schedule and supplement with additional trolleys to fill all the gaps and reduce the wait time between trolleys to 11 minutes where possible. Waiting on their cost estimate. As soon as we ink that contract I will publish a schedule on our web page.
Hope that gets most of your questions.

Ed

OMS_Charlie
March 20th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Thanks Ed! That covers it. :banana: The only other question I can think of is are the Tech Trolley pick-up locations marked well at the Midtown Marta station? Many of the motels are in that area and that's where we'll be looking for the ride to the aquatic center. I'm assuming there's a Tech Trolley station close to the aquatic center as well, too. :banana::)

esaltzman
March 30th, 2010, 03:45 PM
The Trolleys are hard to miss - GT Yellow. The pickup point is well marked at the Midtown station on the Peachtree Place side of the station.
The drop off point is directly across from the Aquatic Center in a little turn around transit area.