PDA

View Full Version : Video Coaching

pdjang
February 10th, 2010, 11:57 AM
I've noticed that a number of swimmers are posting videos of their swims on YouTube and using the forum (general discussion section) to ask for feedback. Usually fellow swimmers willingly provide advice and sometimes a nice give-and-take happens. Occasionally, a coach will jump in and provide feedback.

I'd like to see a new section that would allow swimmers to seek feedback on their technique, form, style, etc. based on videos posted on YouTube or Google Video from the cadre of USMS coaches (who normally post that workouts) as well as fellow swimmers.

Perhaps USMS will sponsor coaches to help swimmers with their technique, form, etc. if this concept will stimulate membership.

ps: I'm not advocating that USMS host the videos because of bandwidth and server constraints - but let's take advantage of the services that do have these capabilities.

Philipp A. Djang, Ph.D.
New Mexico Masters Swimming

rtodd
February 10th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Not a bad idea. There have been video threads started and then they get buried. Would be nice have a catagory.

__steve__
February 10th, 2010, 06:20 PM
go-swim has a service where they send your video back to you with graphic overlay analysis and a report by Mr. Mills and staff for a small price. Haven't done it yet though.