PDA

View Full Version : Aquablade tank sizing

want2beafish
February 20th, 2010, 04:20 PM
I'm interested in purchasing an Aquablade tank for lower-key meets and open water races (I already have a B70 and a Tracer Lite, but want a FINA-legal, less expensive racing suit for certain events). How many sizes should I size down? I've heard the Aquablade stretches quite a bit. Thanks!

Bobinator
February 20th, 2010, 04:53 PM
I buy size 32 tanks for workout. I bought a 28 aquablade and it seemed to work pretty well. I tend to wear my suits too big (I'm old) so you may want to go down 3 sizes.

want2beafish
February 20th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Thanks -- exactly the info I was looking for. I appreciate it!

Chicken of the Sea
February 21st, 2010, 11:54 PM
I echo Bobinator.

I wear a 32 for practice and bought a 32 Aquablade (cos it was $20). I love it! Have used it on many occasions, including OW, though nothing longer than 5k.

I'd definitely size down in future though. When this one wears out I might try a 28/30 depending on my lardiness.

want2beafish
February 22nd, 2010, 03:55 PM
Thanks, Amanda! $20 -- what a steal! I thought I was doing well finding it for under $60 (although I'm not being all that creative just looking on swimoutlet.com). :)

hnatkin
February 22nd, 2010, 05:33 PM
I bought one 1 size down from my practice suit but should have gone down 2 sizes. It stretched out pretty fast.

aquaFeisty
February 22nd, 2010, 06:37 PM
I agree with buy 2 sizes (at least) down from a practice suit. I practice in a 32, race in-season meets in a size 30 lycra suit, and have owned a 28 aquablade for meets. I find the aquablades to actually be quite stretchier than a standard lycra suit... and slightly stretchier than the Tyr aquapels if you've ever worn one of those... I currently have a size 28 Tyr aquapel for racing that is definitely tighter (if memory is accurate - doubtful) than my old 28 aquablade was.

swimcat
February 23rd, 2010, 02:46 PM
do they make 26 ??>????? i had a 28 and it was a comfortable tank. if i went to a 26 the top would not fit my shoulders. i wear a 30 practice.

want2beafish
February 23rd, 2010, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the feedback, and the comparison to the Aquapel was helpful. I like my practice suits snug, so I think I'll size down 2 sizes. Swimcat, I saw an 18 Aquablade somewhere. I don't think I could get that over my big toe. :)