PDA

View Full Version : Want to Join Masters !!!

zestyfrog7
July 28th, 2003, 01:33 PM
I am about to graduate from MSOE and would like to join a Masters Swimming team in the Milwaukee area. I swam three years in high school at Tremper in Kenosha, and swam on the Barracudas team in Kenosha too. Can anyone give me some information on a team I could join? I have begun working out each day and swim 1000-1200 yards a day, I don't want to start out too fast because I had severe tendinitis in my shoulders in high school and don't want to go back there.

So if anyone can help that would be great...Thanks :confused: :)

mattson
July 28th, 2003, 03:17 PM
Don't know if this will help, but have you checked out http://www.swim-wimasters.org/index.htm ? Even if it doesn't have the info you want, you could try e-mailing the people that run the site.

zestyfrog7
July 28th, 2003, 03:28 PM
Yeah I have actually already looked at that site, and I emailed the coaches for various places....but didn't get much of a response. I was hoping someone could tell me where they swim and if its a good team and stuff like that. I think I will just have to research a little more and hope for the best. :rolleyes:

dulfin
July 28th, 2003, 09:04 PM
If you've some spare time, you might want to just swing by the Aquatic Center at Carthage College - I believe that's what the places to swim list showed for Kenosha - during the swim times listed. Maybe you'll get a better response from the coach then. Or you could call first to double check workout times so you'll know the coach will be there. Good luck and happy swimming!

zestyfrog7
July 28th, 2003, 09:45 PM
I am looking for some where in the Milwaukee area to swim, I don't want to have to drive too far. Sorry to confuse you...thanks for the help. :)

NKMD
July 28th, 2003, 10:55 PM
Schroeder Swim Team in Brown Deer has a lot of swimmers from the Milwaukee area.
E-mail the the coach and he can help you find a pool in Milwaukee.
Dave Anderson danderson.sa@ymcamke.org or
Matt Miller mmiller.sa@ymcamke.org

Good Luck. It's a lot of fun to swim at Schroeder.

dpflyer
September 20th, 2003, 04:35 PM
Katie - Have you had any luck finding a program yet? On our state website for Masters - www.swim-wimasters.org - we have a link to "Places to Swim" which might be of some help. The Schroeder Y has several workout times. You might call there. There's also a group at the West Suburban Y and another group in Brookfield (contact Mark Kaczmarek about that one; Mark is on this page). If you are still having trouble finding a place send me an e-mail directly: dpitman@usms.org and I will try to help you.
Thanks for inquiring Katie; sorry for the delay in responding.

Dick Pitman, Chair, Wisconsin Masters Swimming