PDA

View Full Version : 1650 w broken tailbone (coccyx)

sarah_q
February 27th, 2010, 08:48 AM
I am planning to attempt this; doctor says okay. Break is fairly recent (Thur) and swim is tomorrow (Sun).

Has anyone swam with a broken tailbone before? Any advice?

SwimStud
February 27th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Ouch...I've swam while recovering from back spasm... not the same but I found going easy off the walls is ok. I you can flip just don' push off too hard.. and don't go nuts on the kicking. Feel better!

~Wren~
February 27th, 2010, 09:44 AM
I swam in high school with a broken tail bone (yay figure skating) and don't remember it being an issue. The school bus rides to the meets were what just about killed me. Have you been in the water yet, or practiced a start or two? That might give you a better idea what you're dealing with. Good luck!

sarah_q
February 27th, 2010, 10:22 AM
I broke it on Thursday right after swim practice and the meet is this Sunday. Plan to get in early and test things out during warm up. Thankfully I don't have to ride a bus there ... ouch!!

lynnwa
February 27th, 2010, 10:23 AM
You should be fine for the swim - mine wasn't an issue in the water but I was sore for a few weeks especially when sitting and standing up. Good luck tomorrow!

Lump
February 28th, 2010, 11:22 AM
We have tails?! When did this happen?! I could always use it as my kick has never been that strong!:D

sarah_q
February 28th, 2010, 01:25 PM
I finished it but pushing off the wall wasn't too fun. I wish it was open water weather right now!

orca1946
February 28th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Rest for now & have fun in open water .