PDA

View Full Version : Pulled Grown Muscle

joshua
March 2nd, 2010, 12:22 PM
Today I did a kicking session and for the last 100 I decided to kick breast with a front snorkel. On my second or third kick I pulled a groin muscle. Ouch! :badday:

I was wondering if this has happened to anybody here and how long before it heals?

I usually swim freestyle and back, not much breast.

__steve__
March 2nd, 2010, 01:55 PM
Ouch! Never happened to me yet.

Seems like there's been alot of overexertion related injuries lately. Two days ago I pulled my right hip doing something at the pool and I was limping all day yesterday. I will be turning 44 this month, I need to listen to my body a little more. Anyhow, just be carefull out there.

orca1946
March 2nd, 2010, 02:21 PM
Was it sore from something before ? That should not have done it.
Sorry , it hurts a lot

Allen Stark
March 2nd, 2010, 09:40 PM
I've done it many times.If you iced it right away,great,if not you might as well now as it won't hurt.Mine heal pretty fast,less than a week providing I do nothing to aggravate it(since this means npo BR kick it is a very long week for me.)

Georgio
March 2nd, 2010, 10:00 PM
Coach told me he would "pull" his groin everytime he did breast stroke kick (or do you call it "evil" kick here?) unless he stretched out well and warmed up before swimming, when he was an age-grouper.

I'm recovering on a groin injury from attemping to wrestle an overstuffed couch through a doorway a few weeks ago. I'm adding more lower abdominal exercises and stretching. Four advil helps, and kicking is comming back gradually. Doing more pull bouy work with kick as tolerated.:bump:

Georgio

joshua
March 2nd, 2010, 11:21 PM
Tomorrow I will try a swimming session consisting of free and back with emphasis on pulling. Once I feel that I have healed a bit I will definitely do stretches for my groin area.

Kevin in MD
March 3rd, 2010, 01:34 PM
I have this and kinda live with it. When I was seeing a guy about a muscle strain in another area I asked him to work on my groin as well. He was an active release technqiue practictioner.

He was able to relieve the pain that had been there for two or three years when swimming breastroke. But it come back after a few weeks and a few hard sets.

My own impression is that some sort of trigger point release might be the best way to take care of it. In my case it was.

RuffWater
March 3rd, 2010, 01:45 PM
I hate it when I pull my grown muscle.

joshua
March 6th, 2010, 12:18 PM
I swam yesterday and today. No problem swimming free, back and combat stroke. Breast kick "tender" so I didn't push it. No problem however doing the breast kick on my back. Overall, it looks like it's not as bad as I thought.