PDA

View Full Version : howdy

adsollm
March 8th, 2010, 04:20 PM
i have been reading this forum now for a couple weeks. i just today signed up and decided to say hi. ive been mainly looking around the workout forums and picking and choosing to get some ideas. i decided to get back in the water roughly at the beginning of the year to get a little healthier and drop a couple pounds. started to feel pretty decent in there again so im considering this whole masters business.

well i was pretty much a lifer as far as swimming goes, though i was never really better than average. swam from 9-21 or so? im almost 26 now and have been back in the pool for about 3 months. was not a smooth start but got better after the first couple weeks. im doing about 3-3.5k yards a workout and im in the water 4-5 times a week.

i have got a couple obstacles right now. one, there is no masters team closer than an hour away... if there is i havent found it yet though i heard that there used to be a program but it dissolved due to lack of intrest. two, i am yet to find someone around here to work out with.

so, a quick introduction to all yall andid like to say its nice to be back in the water again =)

floswimmer
April 5th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Welcome back!!!!! Sign up for a meet....Start a Masters Swim Team-there is advice on the website.....Good Luck!!!!!!

Red60
April 6th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Welcome back to the water. Five years is a short layoff by the standards of many. Mine was 27 years! So good for you.

Illinois seems to be a pretty active state for Masters swimming, based on the number of meets. I guess you're pretty much midway between Springfield and Champaign-Urbana. You may feel a long way from swimming "civilization" so to speak, but I bet you're not. And the suggestion to start a club is a great one. The longer you're at it, the more clear your needs and true interest level will become. Trust the process. You'll figure it out on your terms, at the proper rate.