PDA

View Full Version : My, what a big meet you have!

Karen Duggan
March 11th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Geez.
I just looked on line at Club Assistant and the Rinconada meet, this weekend in Palo Alto, CA has 220 people pre-registered!
Any guesses how long this meet will take? The 1000 is early, and the rest of the meet starts at 11am. I was hoping to swim one of the last events, but my hubby has to go to work at 5pm (which means we leave at 3ish). :badday:

I don't remember this meet being so big. And it's a pretty crappy pool !

amswimmer
March 11th, 2010, 05:28 PM
What are you talking about? It's a great pool! Are you planning on doing the 1650 fly?

RobbieD
March 12th, 2010, 01:36 AM
220? Wow, I guess I'm in for a longer day than I thought!

Karen Duggan
March 12th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Nope, no 1650 fly. The 50 fly doesn't even sound appealing :D
You?

I doubt I'll get to swim the 400 IM near the end :badday:

jim clemmons
March 12th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Geez.
I just looked on line at Club Assistant and the Rinconada meet, this weekend in Palo Alto, CA has 220 people pre-registered!
Any guesses how long this meet will take? The 1000 is early, and the rest of the meet starts at 11am. I was hoping to swim one of the last events, but my hubby has to go to work at 5pm (which means we leave at 3ish). :badday:

I don't remember this meet being so big. And it's a pretty crappy pool !

Historically it's finished between 3 and 4. Closer to 3 if it's cold out and currently the prediction is for a high (?) of 57* around 3pm.

carlos_fernandez
March 12th, 2010, 08:38 PM
My new reality: swim meets that take 2-3 hours! In that sense, I kinda don't miss NoCal (yeah... I left off the 'r'... deal!), although 'twould be nice to have a bit more rest btw events.

jim clemmons
March 12th, 2010, 09:53 PM
My new reality: swim meets that take 2-3 hours! In that sense, I kinda don't miss NoCal (yeah... I left off the 'r'... deal!), although 'twould be nice to have a bit more rest btw events.

Yeah, NoCal for you, buddy, except when you're visiting. :chug: That meet length sounds more like a first, middle and last event scenario.

osterber
March 15th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Ah... I dream of a meet where 220 swimmers is "large". Around here, 220 swimmers is called "women's 50 free".

-Rick