PDA

View Full Version : Nero TX Sizing

swoomer
March 18th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Kudos to Blueseventy for honoring their rebate program and sending me my new TX. I called to verify the sizing and they assured me that the TX is the equivalent of the Nero in terms of sizing. Yep, when I looked at the chart, I'm right in the middle on all fronts. My first clue was when I took it out of the box and it looked like something a 9 year old might wear. I waited for a brave moment to try it on. I always try suits on over pantyhose, which helps them to go on easier and more quickly without leaving flakes of dry skin on the fabric, in case it has to be returned. The suit wouldn't budge.

Long story short, no way can I fit into this suit. I have worn tight suits in the past, so I know tight. Even if I did get it above my knees. I'm sure I couldn't move let alone breathe. I'd love to hear about others' experiences with the new suit. Should I keep trying or should I return it?

hnatkin
March 18th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Took me a good 20 minutes at least to get it up over my hips. Would have called for help but no other women around on my team to help pull it up over my $!! It was easy to pull up once it was over my hips. That being said, it was much easier the second time even though it still took about 10 min. Swam a bunch of best timesin it so I'm definitely sold.

swoomer
March 18th, 2010, 08:19 PM
So how much pain did you suffer in the process? Can you compare the Nero with the TX?

I worked for 15 minutes over pantyhose and got it about 3 inches above the knees. Mind you I'm not a large person, and their upper limit for this size is 20 pounds heavier than I am. What gives?

The Fortress
March 18th, 2010, 08:55 PM
I'm supposed to receive my TX tomorrow. I ordered a size up from my usual nero comp. So it is the same size as my Pro and Jaked. Not sure why I went that route. Perhaps having read Jaked's admonition not to order too small and having no desire to rip a paper suit ...Nothing could be harder to get on than a Jaked. That said, I'm not looking forward to trying this on either.

hnatkin
March 18th, 2010, 10:22 PM
So how much pain did you suffer in the process? Can you compare the Nero with the TX?

I worked for 15 minutes over pantyhose and got it about 3 inches above the knees. Mind you I'm not a large person, and their upper limit for this size is 20 pounds heavier than I am. What gives?

Never had a Nero or body suit. This is my 2nd kneeskin, first was an FSII which was much easier to pull up. I think it's much stretchier in the rear. If you choose not to ask a friend to help you pull it on the first time, take it nice and slow, a little at a time on each side. Try to keep the shoulderstraps from twisting inward as you pull it up and it's easier to get on.

Good luck!

joy
March 18th, 2010, 11:06 PM
I got my rebate and ordered what I have ordered in size on all my other comp suits. When I got it I was very surprised also. When I tried to get it on and struggled for a 1/2hr and couldn't get it over my butt, I stopped and wrote them a note that I had ordered the wrong size. The next day
I got a note back and she explained that to try it again as they run really
small but the more u wear them the more they stretch. I finally got it on after about 20 mins of struggle and wore it around the house to try and
loosen it up a bit. It was the size I was suppose to order for my height,
weight, ect. I haven't swam in it yet but will keep putting it on and stretching it a bit before I race in it. The shoulder straps are a bit too snug on my traps so will have to stretch that part out more. At least I got
it on and it is wearable the 2nd time around. :applaud:

The Fortress
March 18th, 2010, 11:11 PM
I got my rebate and ordered what I have ordered in size on all my other comp suits. When I got it I was very surprised also. When I tried to get it on and struggled for a 1/2hr and couldn't get it over my butt, I stopped and wrote them a note that I had ordered the wrong size. The next day
I got a note back and she explained that to try it again as they run really
small but the more u wear them the more they stretch. I finally got it on after about 20 mins of struggle and wore it around the house to try and
loosen it up a bit. It was the size I was suppose to order for my height,
weight, ect. I haven't swam in it yet but will keep putting it on and stretching it a bit before I race in it. The shoulder straps are a bit too snug on my traps so will have to stretch that part out more. At least I got
it on and it is wearable the 2nd time around. :applaud:

20-30 minutes is nothing for a first time. If it doesn't take you that long, it's not the right size. My advice is don't stretch it out anymore! The new paper suits stretch out fast and don't last long. They're tight on everyone's traps. Stretch it out in the pool not at home. YMMV.

joy
March 18th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Thanz Fort. Will do that.

swoomer
March 19th, 2010, 06:21 PM
On the advice of others, I tried again. It was work - about 20 minutes- but I did get it on over pantyhose. Once on, it is snug, but not overly tight. If it gives a little, it will be a great fit and feel. Of course there is the little problem of knee bubbles and armpit hangover, but that's not the suit's fault.

The Fortress
March 19th, 2010, 06:27 PM
On the advice of others, I tried again. It was work - about 20 minutes- but I did get it on over pantyhose. Once on, it is snug, but not overly tight. If it gives a little, it will be a great fit and feel. Of course there is the little problem of knee bubbles and armpit hangover, but that's not the suit's fault.

Good to know. I received my today and, holy crap, thought it was my 9 year old's size. It is frighteningly small.

swoomer
March 19th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Getting it over the hips was the big challenge, but getting the arms in the straps was also difficult. I just think that all this pulling and stretching can't be good for the suit, and that one should have a back up at a big meet. There is a lot of chest compression, but not much square footage in the top which may be a problem for some.

The measurment chart doesn't address hip size, and I think hips may be a limiting factor in getting into this suit. As I said, I wore a 24 Nero and find myself right in the middle of the sizing chart, so it is the correct size according to B-70. I may order a size up for the next go-round if I like the suit.

joy
March 19th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Amen Sisters. Now u know what I was saying about the hip(butt) and top part around the chest and shoulder straps. Hope it works better than when I first laid eyes on it. Will try it this weekend at our Pentathlon meet.:agree:

The Fortress
March 21st, 2010, 02:48 PM
Well, it took me about 20 minutes to squeeze into my mine at the meet. It's definitely cut narrow in the chest area, almost like a guys body suit. I don't typically have the "spilling" out of my suit sensation. The hips were murder. Though I'm a 24 in the nero comp as well, I'm glad I had a size 26 in this suit.

And sadly, this is the one and only time I'll wear it because someone stole my suit in the locker room. This really makes me sour. Not sure when I'll get around to replacing it. Evil person.

Karlene
March 21st, 2010, 02:53 PM
Tried on my new Nero TX today. Like other posters noted, the biggest challenge was getting it over hips/butt. After that it was fairly easy. Took about 25 minutes, a bit of cussing, a lot of stuffing, pulling, tugging. It did seem comfortable once I wriggled into it. Can't imagine that the suit will last too long with the amount of stress placed on the fabric and seams while putting it on.

Deano
March 21st, 2010, 07:45 PM
Hey all

great reading on the nero-TX.

It has been found that anyone thinking of moving up possibly should, i have seen a couple of UK masters having the same issues, and you are right, it does take a little time to get on, and the ladies certainly more a challenge than the men's jammers. Certainly do not go any smaller than your nero comp suits, but do not be afraid to go a size bigger in the Nero-TX

Be great o hear your comments after some swims etc.

Fortress, great to see your suit arrived.

Deano

blueseventy sales & marketing.

joy
March 22nd, 2010, 04:19 PM
Fort
So sorry to hear that. That really sucks. Did u even get to swim in it in the meet? If so how did u like it. Didn't try mine this last wkend cuz events to close together to go & change. Hope someone returns it to u. :badday: