PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Reasons . . .

mermaid
March 18th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Complete either or both of the following statements:

I swim in a Masters program/team because _________________________.

and/or

Every age group club/high school/university should have a Masters program because _____________________________.

qbrain
March 18th, 2010, 07:58 PM
I swim in a Masters program/team because _________________________.

If I answered that question, it would just be censored.

As for the second question, I have swam for a club with a masters group and an independent masters team. I think the second is the way to go, so I can't answer that question. The independent team is the best representation of the masters swimmers to the pool management.

SolarEnergy
March 18th, 2010, 08:12 PM
The independent team is the best representation of the masters swimmers to the pool management. +1...

... and besides, let's face facts. Often Master programs are seen as found raisers to support elite programs.

Best quality / price ratio I have found so far happens to be an independent master squad with no elite purpose other than trying to help members to participate to national/international master events.

I also sometimes train with a Varsity master squad. To say the least, the coach doesn't seem to give a damn. He'd rather be somewhere else during this boring evening shift. His only consolation: former varsity level elite masters, who happen to be the only ones capable of making it through is damn tight intervals (100m kick on 1:45, 200m base endurance on 2:45, 400m free relaxed on 5:30 and so on...).

orca1946
March 19th, 2010, 05:47 PM
# 1 - it makes me swim harder than I would on my own.

# 2 - It will show all others where they can go in this sport when they can not play the other contact ones.

FindingMyInnerFish
March 20th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I'll take a stab at #1

Because it changes up my workout routine a bit--I have to admit running is my favorite but when I don't do swim workouts and over-emphasize the running mileage, I get more easily injured and have to stop running... Best balance is to keep doing both. But if I ever can't run anymore, it's good to know there are still plenty of competition opportunities.