PDA

View Full Version : Forum Unsubscribe?

JimCanSwim
March 19th, 2010, 12:36 PM
It's probably easy but I don't see it anywhere. How do you unsubscribe from a whole forum? I see where you can subscribe to a whole forum by using FORUM TOOLS, but I don't see anywhere to unsubscribe. AM I trapped for life? :frustrated:

JIM

matysekj
March 19th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Go to your user control panel (http://forums.usms.org/usercp.php). The main page there lists all of your subscribed threads followed by all your subscribed forums, with a link to unsubscribe from each. First unsubscribe from the forum in question. Then unsubscribe from any threads from that forum if you don't want to receive those notifications any more.

The details of how the forum subscriptions work:

When you subscribe to a forum, all that happens is that each time a new thread is created in that forum, you automatically get subscribed to that thread. You will not be subscribed to any existing threads in that forum at the point when you subscribed to it, so you won't get email notifications from existing threads just by subscribing to a forum.
Thread subscriptions are what actually causes you to receive notification emails.

So, if you just unsubscribe from the forum, you will continue to get email notifications from the threads within that forum to which you are subscribed, unless you ALSO unsubscribe from those thread. And if you just unsubscribe from all the threads in that forum but leave your forum subscription in place, you'll still get subscribed to any new threads created in that forum from then on.

JimCanSwim
March 19th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I knew it was somewhere. Thanks!

JIM

BigNoodler
March 23rd, 2010, 11:52 AM
Who is the administrator for this board? I need to PM him or her. Thanks for any information!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Stevenson
March 29th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Who is the administrator for this board? I need to PM him or her. Thanks for any information!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be Jim Matysek, who has the username "matysekj." If you scroll up just a little bit, you'll see a post from him and you can click his name to send a PM.