PDA

View Full Version : Obsolete tech suit question

Novaova
March 21st, 2010, 06:03 PM
If you own a tech suit which is no longer allowed, what will you do with it? I'm thinking of wearing mine as a practice suit just to be silly.

rtodd
March 21st, 2010, 06:25 PM
bedroom?

Novaova
March 21st, 2010, 06:30 PM
bedroom?
I already have a tech suit for that, but it's not made of spandex. ;)

scyfreestyler
March 21st, 2010, 06:31 PM
Smithsonian?

Deano
March 21st, 2010, 07:38 PM
Fancy dress outfit? cat-woman maybe? or even try and sell it to a German fetish group?

carlos_fernandez
March 21st, 2010, 10:20 PM
I have always said that one of the benefits of tapering/shaving gets lost b/c we typically take a few days / weeks / months off. Training shaved and tapered is awesome.

Your feel for the water is better. You can hit splits closer to your goal splits.

I always try to get right back in after tapering b/c it sets things up for the next season.

I plan on doing the same after nationals, especially now that I have a Blue 70 and it makes you feel so much more stream-lined.

Chicken of the Sea
March 21st, 2010, 10:44 PM
stuff it with helium balloons and set it free!!!!!

SwimSister
March 22nd, 2010, 05:42 AM
stuff it with helium balloons and set it free!!!!!

Make it an event. What a sight it would be to see the sky filled with flying tech suits :angel:

waves101
March 22nd, 2010, 08:12 AM
Use it in warmup for future meets to get the feel of the body position and then trying to keep that feel for the races in non-tech wear.

Dolphin 2
March 22nd, 2010, 10:43 AM
My advice: Dispose of it in the most environmentally friendly way as possible.

I've heard that some communities have "waste to energy" plants that use municipal solid waste as fuel and use the heat to generate electricity.

http://www.window.state.tx.us/specialrpt/energy/renewable/images/exhibit18-1.png

An old tech suit could produce enough power to microwave a few burritos or run a flat screen for about an hour.

D2

craig68
March 22nd, 2010, 10:59 AM
Use if for race paced swims in practice when you are not rested. That's what I plan on doing. I'm so tired mid-season that my body position, timing on turns, etc. are way off what I experience at end-of-season meets.

ande
March 22nd, 2010, 12:00 PM
I'll use mine in practice on fast fridays.

You could leave them on your stuff in the locker room as decoys for tech suit thieves.

SNL might need some to relaunch the skit "Dancing Mit Dieter"

Novaova
March 22nd, 2010, 01:04 PM
Are there any of the old tech suits that could be cut off at the knee and used legally (by women, and without zippers)? Have serger, can sew...
I'm pretty sure that's not allowed. It's a shame, really, because I'm so tall that kneeskins only reach my mid-thigh. =\

no200fly
March 22nd, 2010, 01:16 PM
I am going to keep mine for when they change the rules again. Might pull it out for the annual 100 x 100s next January.

rtodd
March 22nd, 2010, 08:39 PM
I am going to buy one hopefully real cheap in June and use it to answer alot of what if questions since sometimes the touch pads are in at practice. Like the Dirty Harry movie....."I gotsta know".

pwb
March 22nd, 2010, 08:58 PM
Use if for race paced swims in practice when you are not rested. That's what I plan on doing. I'm so tired mid-season that my body position, timing on turns, etc. are way off what I experience at end-of-season meets.This is what I primarily plan to do, but I'm also going to use my B70 in an open water series here in Arizona where there's a cool prize determined over 5 races. The challenge for me in this series is that the events happen over many months and you have to select wetsuit or non-wetsuit at the outset. I'm a cold wimp, so I know I'll need/want to do some of the early spring/late fall races in wetsuits. I also know that the late spring / early fall races will probably be too hot for a real wetsuit; I'll just race the wetsuit division in my B70.

You can also save it for future meets like the B70 Texas Shootout that recently happened and evidently was successful. I think you'll see at least a few of those next year while people still have useable tech suits to wear.

orca1946
March 24th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Halloween & fast practices come to mind !

E=H2O
March 29th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Give it to an open water swimmer.