PDA

View Full Version : Coaches Needed for World Championships in Sweden

FlyQueen
March 28th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Attention USMS Coaches:

Please use the link below to apply for the Coaching positions at the 2010 World Championships in Sweden. Applications are due April 2, 2010. Thanks!

http://www.usms.org/coach/

Ahelee Sue Osborn
April 5th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Heather, can you confirm that this April 2 deadline has been extended??

Coaches - if you are interested in attending the FINA World Championships in Sweden this Summer, or are already planning to attend with your swimmers, take the time to apply for one of these USMS Coaching positions.

FlyQueen
April 7th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Heather, can you confirm that this April 2 deadline has been extended??

Coaches - if you are interested in attending the FINA World Championships in Sweden this Summer, or are already planning to attend with your swimmers, take the time to apply for one of these USMS Coaching positions.

The deadline was extended until April 10. So you still have a couple of days to apply.

Rykno
April 7th, 2010, 01:08 PM
that is so cool that USMS does that. I wonder if any other nation does that?

I think that the swimmers from Japan come over as one large group, but not sure.

Ahelee Sue Osborn
April 8th, 2010, 12:33 PM
that is so cool that USMS does that. I wonder if any other nation does that?

It IS COOL that USMS provides this service for our swimmers - and demonstrates to the world that USMS values and cares about adult swimming.

More USMS coaches should apply and try to participate!

Under this program, experienced coaches can offer their expertise and mentor up and coming new coaches.

Newer coaches coming in with special and relative skills to enhance the travel and competition experience of the USMS group of athletes, can really support the effort. And at the same time, build their coaching resume.

STILL A FEW DAYS to apply!

Ahelee Sue Osborn
April 9th, 2010, 02:19 PM
FINAL DEADLINE revised last night on the Coaches Committee call to:

SATURDAY APRIL 17TH!

If you want to go to Sweden... get it done!

Cokie
April 10th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Trying to find out if a coach goes, does that preclude them from entering and swimming events?

Ahelee Sue Osborn
April 11th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Team USA Coaches have historically swum in the World Championships while coaching.

While I don't think they have made the decision to disallow coaches swimming in the competition, I have heard the question posed as to whether it should be allowed or not.

My personal opinion is that a coach should be allowed to swim if they can perform the required duties as laid out in the guidelines.

Some may be able to perform as a coach and do a great job by USMS.
Others may not.

SwimDogs
April 12th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Any idea why the deadline keeps getting extended?

FlyQueen
April 12th, 2010, 04:51 PM
We wanted to make sure that as many people as possible were notified about the opportunity to coach. The deadline was extended in order for it to be included in the upcoming issue of Streamlines. I would encourage anyone interested to apply!