PDA

View Full Version : A decent stopwatch (watch)

__steve__
March 31st, 2010, 11:49 AM
Looking for a convienient stopwatch that I can wear (wristwatch) while swimming to accurately self time certain efforts.

Something I can hit the "stop" button easily and consistantly in same amount of time following a finish. Basically just need a self timing instrument I can use to employ a method of maintaining an accuracy of at least 0.5 seconds human error (i.e. press "start", push off wall and swim, touch wall and press "stop"). If that makes sense.

and not cost an arm or a leg.

Thank you

Lump
March 31st, 2010, 12:05 PM
Watches for Swimming - U.S. Masters Swimming Discussion Forums

debaru
March 31st, 2010, 12:51 PM
Looking for a convienient stopwatch that I can wear (wristwatch) while swimming to accurately self time certain efforts.

Something I can hit the "stop" button easily and consistantly in same amount of time following a finish. Basically just need a self timing instrument I can use to employ a method of maintaining an accuracy of at least 0.5 seconds human error (i.e. press "start", push off wall and swim, touch wall and press "stop"). If that makes sense.

and not cost an arm or a leg.

Thank you

Hi, Steve. I use a SportCount (http://www.sportcount.com/products.php?category=SportCount&PHPSESSID=0a0694c9587710cf19b123033609ab2a) that I wear on my finger while swimming. It's inexpensive and works very well. I bought the combo model.

orca1946
March 31st, 2010, 02:04 PM
I see a lot of swimmers using the Ironman watch

__steve__
March 31st, 2010, 03:58 PM
Thanks debaru, the finger watch sounds like that's what I need with one hand operation!:)

shane
March 31st, 2010, 06:18 PM
i have an ironman and a sportcount. the sportcount works better for self timing from a push.