PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Colonies Zone Short Course Yards Meet

Karl_S
April 2nd, 2010, 11:57 PM
Is it reasonable to attend this meet and rely only on public transportation, e.g. Amtrak + DC metro?

SwimStud
April 3rd, 2010, 10:11 AM
If you can get to Fairfax there are lots of nearby hotels that would only be a short taxi ride.

Let folks know what hotel you're in you might be able to car pool to the pool.

tjrpatt
April 3rd, 2010, 06:35 PM
I remember that there is a GMU shuttle bus at one of the metro stops. Of course, that is going back 14 years when I went to a concert at the Patriot Center.

swimshark
April 3rd, 2010, 09:53 PM
If you can get to Fairfax there are lots of nearby hotels that would only be a short taxi ride.

Let folks know what hotel you're in you might be able to car pool to the pool.

I agree with Stud. Let us know where you will be staying and there will be enough people in the area that can help you get to the pool.

Speedo
April 3rd, 2010, 10:05 PM
Is it reasonable to attend this meet and rely only on public transportation, e.g. Amtrak + DC metro?Amtrak -> DC Metro to Fairfax/Vienna (orange line) -> Cue Bus will get you on GMU campus within .5mi of the Aquatic Center if you get off at bus stop shelter #30 on the map. See link for Cue Bus routes- they leave directly from the Fairfax/Vienna metro stop.
http://www.fairfaxva.gov/cueBus/CUEBusMap.pdf

Maybe get a room at the "Best Western Fairfax" and hop on the Cue bus (green line, bus stop #17, right outside Best Western) to get to the Aquatic Center. Or find someone to pick you up. Like me- I live here.

Karl_S
April 6th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks for all of the suggestions. It looks like Amtrak, Metro, Bus is do-able.

swimshark
April 28th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Karl, how was your meet?

Karl_S
April 29th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Karl, how was your meet?

For convenience I did a local meet the previous weekend instead, and it went quite well. Personal record (not counting my previous swimming life 25+ years ago) in my 2 focus events. Actually, one may be a lifetime best, not sure on that... Thanks for asking.

I saw your report on the SCY Zones thread. Congratulations on the good swims. Good luck in Atlanta!

swimshark
April 30th, 2010, 08:42 AM
For convenience I did a local meet the previous weekend instead, and it went quite well. Personal record (not counting my previous swimming life 25+ years ago) in my 2 focus events. Actually, one may be a lifetime best, not sure on that... Thanks for asking.

I saw your report on the SCY Zones thread. Congratulations on the good swims. Good luck in Atlanta!

Congratulations!! :applaud: I hope you can make it down here one day. And thanks.

jroddin
May 4th, 2010, 09:09 AM
The Colonies Zone meet results have been uploaded to Event Rankings. A special thanks goes to Cheryl Ward for not only crossing every single T and dotting every I to create a perfect results file, she included all the Split Requests from the meet so they are now in the rankings, too (that is above and beyond the normal call of duty - you don't normally find split requests in the database). There were 550 swimmers in this meet and when I processed the file there was not a single data entry error. If only all meet directors would be so efficient...:bow:

tjrpatt
May 4th, 2010, 09:30 PM
The Colonies Zone meet results have been uploaded to Event Rankings. A special thanks goes to Cheryl Ward for not only crossing every single T and dotting every I to create a perfect results file, she included all the Split Requests from the meet so they are now in the rankings, too (that is above and beyond the normal call of duty - you don't normally find split requests in the database). There were 550 swimmers in this meet and when I processed the file there was not a single data entry error. If only all meet directors would be so efficient...:bow:

processing a file without a single data entry error, Sounds like a top ten recording dream.

swimshark
May 5th, 2010, 08:56 AM

Thank you Cheryl!!