PDA

View Full Version : to the....

born2fly
April 3rd, 2010, 07:17 PM
thief that decided to rummage thru my swim bag and steal my Flip camcorder. Hope you enjoy your new toy. Be sure to delete my swims off of it for it might incriminate you, also delete off my daughters youth orchestra concerts! By the way, you missed the Ipod Touch in my bag. Shows what a lame thief you really are. Hope it was worth it you piece of ....

Overall a great meet at the Ohio Championships just ended on a bummer. I dont get why people insist on doing this. Not like I just left my bag alone for hrs on end. Only time was when I was up for my events. I even warmed up in front of the bag. Oh well, lesson learned!

jseteroff
April 3rd, 2010, 07:32 PM
I'm sorry to hear that happened. That sucks a lot, I hope you manage to get it back.

born2fly
April 3rd, 2010, 07:37 PM
thanks jeremy, not holding my breath on getting it back. Did email the meet director and just informed him of it and hope others did not get ripped off.

How did you swim at the meet?

tjrpatt
April 3rd, 2010, 07:40 PM
Now, I am pee-oed because I don't get to see a new 200 fly from you! :(. Gosh, I was at an age group meet last weekend and someone actually found a ipod touch and handed it over to the announcers. Again, that sucks.

jseteroff
April 3rd, 2010, 07:48 PM
I did good and bad. I didn't get any personal bests, unless you include the 200 back that I swam for the first time. However I do feel that I left everything I had in the pool, I couldn't have done any better than I did today. Overall it was a success though. Thanks for asking. How did the swimming part of the meet go for you?

born2fly
April 3rd, 2010, 07:55 PM
I did ok considering how broken down I am right now. Been training hard and just swam thru this meet. Just did the 200 free 1:50, 2fly 1:59.2 and 50fly 24.7.

One more month of training hard then its taper time. What did u think of the Univ of Cincy pool. I liked it but thought the bulkheads were slippery. Glad I didnt have to swim backstroke, that design of ceiling was funky and you would have nothing to focus on visually up there.

Speedo
April 3rd, 2010, 08:26 PM
I hate hearing this crap. Especially someone stealing your daughter's moment- I really hope you get your video back.

swimshark
April 3rd, 2010, 08:50 PM
I'm sorry this happened. I hope you get the flip back soon.

jseteroff
April 3rd, 2010, 08:52 PM
I did ok considering how broken down I am right now. Been training hard and just swam thru this meet. Just did the 200 free 1:50, 2fly 1:59.2 and 50fly 24.7.

One more month of training hard then its taper time. What did u think of the Univ of Cincy pool. I liked it but thought the bulkheads were slippery. Glad I didnt have to swim backstroke, that design of ceiling was funky and you would have nothing to focus on visually up there.

Looks like you did pretty well. I really didn't care for the pool, I slipped off the bulkhead at least once in every race, and couldn't find a straight line in Backstroke, kept hitting the lane line. it was frustrating because of how much speed you when those things happen. it really wasn't one of my favorite places to swim.

On a positive note, I'm glad the meet director did a reseed before the competition, because the original seeds were really messed up. Once that got fixed I felt that the meet was run pretty well. They need to put some of that grip tape stuff on the Bulkhead "T" markings though.

FireRox21
April 4th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Congrats on your times at the meet! Sorry to hear you lost some great moments on your Flip. Karma will get them and when it does, it will hurt. My little gym/pool just posted this past week flyers issued from the local police department of mass car break-ins and locker room/gym bag misfortunes. My gym is across the street from a high school and the kids skateboard throughout the parking lot causing damage and wrecking havoc as they go. I am disabled, so luckily I park in the first spot, but I am still wary.

Unfortunately, it's only going to get worse with summer fast approaching. The kids are out of school and running amok/unsupervised, so it's going to be interesting.

I really hope you get your Flip back!

born2fly
April 4th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Thanks Jennifer. I dont think I will be getting the Flip back, no biggie. I have the videos already downloaded to my pc so the memories r not lost. They may have been able to steal my flip but one thing they cant take from me is my honesty and integrity, something obviously they dont have. I have vented and thanks for everyone who listened lol

I will get me a new flip soon, i loved that thing!

__steve__
April 4th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Congradulations on those respectful results!

Sorry to hear about your stuff getting ripped off but I would trade my camera in for times like that any day!