PDA

View Full Version : 2010 SC Nationals Early Entry Deadline

matysekj
April 5th, 2010, 09:45 AM
A reminder to all:

The early entry deadline for the 2010 Short Course Nationals at Georgia Tech May 20-23 is TOMORROW, Tuesday April 6 by 11:59 p.m. EDT. All online entries completed by then receive $10 off their meet surcharge ($40 early entry surcharge).

Entries may still be completed online up until April 15 at 11:59 p.m. including the on-time $50 meet surcharge.

jonblank
April 5th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I'm in - now I can waste $10 on trinkets.

Jazz Hands
April 5th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the reminder, Jim.

qbrain
April 5th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the reminder, Jim.

Are you going to enter?

matysekj
April 5th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I'm in - now I can waste $10 on trinkets.

Damn. I should have mentioned in the reminder that all breaststrokers in the 50-54 age group who are faster than me should not enter. Gotta work on that online entry filter for next year...

aquageek
April 5th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Damn. I should have mentioned in the reminder that all breaststrokers in the 50-54 age group who are faster than me should not enter. Gotta work on that online entry filter for next year...

Are there even QTs for people that old? Heck, just getting your Hoveround electric scooter to the pool will tucker you flat out.

thewookiee
April 5th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Are there even QTs for people that old? Heck, just getting your Hoveround electric scooter to the pool will tucker you flat out.

You must speak from experience. Didn't you need oxygen after your 100 free in Orlando?

aquageek
April 5th, 2010, 03:06 PM
You must speak from experience. Didn't you need oxygen after your 100 free in Orlando?

No, it was the 200 and I might still be gasping for air six months later.

I nominate Fort to be your zipperer if you make it to ATL.

thewookiee
April 5th, 2010, 03:27 PM
No, it was the 200 and I might still be gasping for air six months later.

I nominate Fort to be your zipperer if you make it to ATL.

She is does have more muscle than you. She wouldn't have any trouble zipping me up, unlike someone else I know.

jonblank
April 5th, 2010, 04:04 PM
She is does have more muscle than you. She wouldn't have any trouble zipping me up, unlike someone else I know.

I am really looking forward to the comaraderie in Atlanta. The empathy, bonhomie, and mutual support I'm reading here is inspirational.

thewookiee
April 5th, 2010, 04:13 PM
I am really looking forward to the comaraderie in Atlanta. The empathy, bonhomie, and mutual support I'm reading here is inspirational.

Geek and I do support each other. If I didn't have someone to laugh at when he is trying to kick during a freestyle race, there wouldn't be any point in attending meets. Geek provides enough motivation to show-up.

aquageek
April 5th, 2010, 04:54 PM
The 1-beat kick is making a comeback.

The Fortress
April 5th, 2010, 05:01 PM

That's their version of it!

If Geek one kicks his 50 back at Nats, I'll be whooping him by even more than usual. :)

Jazz Hands
April 5th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Are you going to enter?

Yes. Planning to do all the 50s, maybe not backstroke. Definitely not going to swim fast, but a lot of my college teammates are going.

aquageek
April 5th, 2010, 05:59 PM
That's their version of it!

If Geek one kicks his 50 back at Nats, I'll be whooping him by even more than usual. :)

2 laps = 2 kicks

Oh, and Jazz, give it up with the low expectations routine, you are a yogite after all and have the power of sweaty hippie positive thinking.

Ahelee Sue Osborn
April 5th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Jim -

You scared me and now I'm entered... trying to get the rest of my SPMA gang to join me.
Should be a great event!

Did everyone-anyone buy a ticket to the 40th Anniversary Party?
Are we going Fort?

pwb
April 5th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Did everyone-anyone buy a ticket to the 40th Anniversary Party?
I didn't, but I do want to meet as many forumites as possible ... are most people going to this?

SwimStud
April 5th, 2010, 09:28 PM
I didn't, but I do want to meet as many forumites as possible ... are most people going to this?

If I say I'll be there will you be convinced to get a ticket Patrick? I'm thinking I might go but I didn't pay for it on the entry form.

jim clemmons
April 6th, 2010, 07:30 PM
The early entry deadline for the 2010 Short Course Nationals at Georgia Tech May 20-23 is TOMORROW, Tuesday April 6 by 11:59 p.m. EDT. All online entries completed by then receive $10 off their meet surcharge ($40 early entry surcharge).

Got mine in there, under the wire.

pwb
April 6th, 2010, 11:55 PM
I'm thinking I might go but I didn't pay for it on the entry form.I didn't pay for it either on the online entry ... presumably these things are crash-able, right?

swimshark
April 7th, 2010, 07:50 AM
If I say I'll be there will you be convinced to get a ticket Patrick? I'm thinking I might go but I didn't pay for it on the entry form.

I didn't sign up as well. After the social at Portland Nats, I didn't want to spend the money. I figured we could do our own social and actually eat.

ElaineK
April 7th, 2010, 04:06 PM
I didn't sign up as well. After the social at Portland Nats, I didn't want to spend the money. I figured we could do our own social and actually eat.

Hey, Alison, I would be up for that! Although, if my husband comes with me to the meet three days in a row, he will probably be so burned out on swimming, swimmers, and everything to do with swimming, that he'll probably BEG me to go home! :bitching: But, then again, I COULD leave him at home the last day... But, then again, I would be bummed if he wasn't there to see me swim- if I do well. So, I would want him there to help celebrate... :chug: Hmmm, but then who would be the designated driver? :confused:

ANYWAY, let me know what's up! Perhaps us non-party attending forumites should have a forumite party somewhere! :D :banana: :chug:

swimshark
April 7th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Hey, Alison, I would be up for that! Although, if my husband comes with me to the meet three days in a row, he will probably be so burned out on swimming, swimmers, and everything to do with swimming, that he'll probably BEG me to go home! :bitching: But, then again, I COULD leave him at home the last day... But, then again, I would be bummed if he wasn't there to see me swim- if I do well. So, I would want him there to help celebrate... :chug: Hmmm, but then who would be the designated driver? :confused:

ANYWAY, let me know what's up! Perhaps us non-party attending forumites should have a forumite party somewhere! :D :banana: :chug:

:chug::chug::applaud:

orca1946
April 13th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Sorry ! I can't do it this year ! :badday:

swimshark
April 13th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Sorry ! I can't do it this year ! :badday:

Sorry to hear that, Oz. I was hoping we'd meet in person and talk cycling.

matysekj
April 14th, 2010, 11:06 AM
All entries for the 2010 USMS Short Couse National Championships are due by Thursday, April 15. The online entry (https://www.usms.org/comp/scnats10/onlineentry.php) system will accept entries until midnight on Thursday night (EDT). Late entries will not be accepted, so if you are planning to enter, please do so by the end of day on Thursday.