PDA

View Full Version : Expected Start Times?

JMeer
August 3rd, 2003, 08:52 PM
Does anyone know if expected start times for each event will be posted? This is my first Nationals and I'm not familiar with the procedure.

Also, I can't seem to find the start time for the 1500m...

thanks,
jonathan

matysekj
August 4th, 2003, 09:31 AM
The estimated time line for the long course nationals can now be found at http://www.usms.org/comp/lcnats03/heats/timeline.pdf. Please note that this is only an estimate and that the meet will not be held up to conform with this estimate. Swimmers are responsible for reporting to their assigned heat and lane on time.

mdhammer
August 4th, 2003, 01:28 PM
Were the times for the 1500 & 800 done taking into account any people opting for 2 per lane ... or just on total participants based on historical scratch rates?

barryf
August 5th, 2003, 02:09 AM
The Time Line posted listed the times for the 800 and 1500 Free based on all swimmers swimming one per lane from slow to fast assuming the same scratch rate (10%) as at Short Course Championships.

JMeer
August 8th, 2003, 04:32 PM
Will heat sheets be posted online in the morning? It would be very helpful if we could calculate more accurate starting times.

Thanks,
jmeer

matysekj
August 8th, 2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by JMeer
Will heat sheets be posted online in the morning? It would be very helpful if we could calculate more accurate starting times.
For Thursday through Sunday's events, heat sheets will be linked from the main nationals page (http://www.usms.org/comp/lcnats03/) some time the night before the events. These heat sheets will conain the estimated start time for each heat. Note that this is still just an estimate and the meet will not be held up to meet these times. Swimmers are responsible for reporting to their heat/lane assignment whenever it is ready to start.

Since the check-in deadline for the 1500 is 6AM on Wednesday and I probably won't have access to the Internet and the required tools from the pool deck, heat sheets will probably not be posted for the 1500 on Wednesday.

matysekj
August 8th, 2003, 09:44 PM
I've been informed that our method of alternating men's and women's heats for the 800 and 1500 for this meet is not a standard feature of the meet management software. As a result, the heat sheets for these events can not include the estimated start times per heat. I'm hoping that I can still piece things together enough to include estimated start times per heat for the rest of Thursday's events. The heat sheets for Friday through Sunday are not affected by this, so they will include estimated heat start times.