PDA

View Full Version : swim suits

hedgehog
April 21st, 2010, 07:01 PM
what are currently the best suits sto wear for racing?

matysekj
April 21st, 2010, 09:47 PM
Mike Ross's suit, Laura Val's suit, Karlyn Pipes-Neilsen's suit...

no200fly
April 22nd, 2010, 08:09 AM
Ironman's suit?

Seriously, I would suggest a Blue 70 until June.

hedgehog
April 22nd, 2010, 09:45 AM
Just a meet suit. I just started competing again and I really don't know the differences between the suits or what is actually worth buying. I am looking for a 2010 fina approved suit.I was interested in finding out what most people wore and of they even bothered with the tech suits. And if you don't wear a tech suit what type do you use?

Calvin S
April 22nd, 2010, 12:47 PM
paper suit!

you also can't go wrong with a fast skin jammer from Speedo

hedgehog
April 22nd, 2010, 01:07 PM
i was wondering what happened to the "paper suits". that is what we used to call them when I was 13. ( 20 years ago) I didn't realize that it is the same as the fastskins from speedo.

Chris Stevenson
April 22nd, 2010, 01:17 PM
i was wondering what happened to the "paper suits". that is what we used to call them when I was 13. ( 20 years ago) I didn't realize that it is the same as the fastskins from speedo.

I don't know that it is the same, but the FS-Pro material (and the Tyr Tracer Light material) seem similar to paper suits.

Not so much the FS and FS-II, they take on too much water and get heavier.

Calvin S
April 22nd, 2010, 02:16 PM

I wouldn't say its the same. i found a company that makes vintage paper suits. bought myself one. feels like the paper suit i used to use back when i was a young age grouper (still feels like i am swimming naked...but not)

i only included the fast skin in the same breath because for cheap/easy to find, its hard to beat

That Guy
April 22nd, 2010, 04:04 PM
I don't know that it is the same, but the FS-Pro material (and the Tyr Tracer Light material) seem similar to paper suits.

Not so much the FS and FS-II, they take on too much water and get heavier.

Preparing for meters meets, I just replaced my Tyr Tracer Light leggings with a Tyr Tracer Light jammer. Both are paper suit-esque. One interesting difference with the jammer is that it has a barcode-type thing on the back along with "09/09." I think it means that the suit is FINA-approved as of Sept-2009... but are there really meets where someone comes around with a barcode scanner prior to each heat and verifies that each swimmer's @$$ is FINA-compliant???
:mooning::mooning::mooning::mooning::mooning:

hedgehog
April 22nd, 2010, 08:01 PM
I wouldn't say its the same. i found a company that makes vintage paper suits. bought myself one. feels like the paper suit i used to use back when i was a young age grouper (still feels like i am swimming naked...but not)

i only included the fast skin in the same breath because for cheap/easy to find, its hard to beat

what company sells the paper suits?

Calvin S
April 23rd, 2010, 10:03 AM
what company sells the paper suits?

http://www.agonswim.com/

customizable how you like too, which is nice. price varies based on colors/decals/etc. the really nice thing about if you get a decal (like a team emblem or something) is that it isnt like an iron on where the material flakes off with use. instead it is part of the suit itself. i found the only MAJOR difference between the paper suit i got fromt hem and the paper suits of old is that these are far more durable.

ande
April 23rd, 2010, 12:04 PM
you asked:

what are currently the best suits to wear for racing?

Are you referring to:
+ suits you can wear a the 2010 SC Nats
or
+ suits that are 2010 FINA approved?

How into swimming are you?

if you're looking for one that's 2010 FINA Approved
I like the Speedo Pro & the new blue seventy neroTX,
I'm not yet convinced the new LZR is that much better than the PRO.

Ande

Jim, you forgot to mention:
Rich Abrahams, Michael Mann, Ahelee, Jeff Comings, Roque, Paul Smith, Josh Davis,
Dara Torres, Cesar, Lezak, Phelps, Coventry, lochte, shanteau, piersol, coughlin, Hardy,
& pretty much everyone on
this list for men (http://www.usaswimming.org/USASWeb/_Rainbow/Documents/6d54e437-ec9c-40bf-a630-1a496d61b269/men_lcm_info.pdf)
&
this list for women (http://www.usaswimming.org/USASWeb/_Rainbow/Documents/77227c09-f73b-459b-8fc5-ebf4258df504/women_lcm_info.pdf)

hedgehog
April 23rd, 2010, 03:08 PM
2010 approved.
I pretty into training, I have only raced a couple of times in the last year. I would like to say I did well.I want to keep getting better.
This thread has been helping me.

I also read that the fancy suits don't last too long.
And are they helpful for open water races too?

geochuck
April 23rd, 2010, 03:17 PM
It is debatable which suit is best.