PDA

View Full Version : SWIM PRANK

ande
April 24th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Swimmers sometimes play pranks on each other. Practical jokes. Please share yours.
It comes with the territory, we're a fun loving good natured bunch usually with a decent sense of humour.

Might be throwing ice water on someone in the shower, or throwing someones legs to one side just as they are diving.

Keep in mind, if you begin pranks there could be retaliation & revenge is a dish best served cold.

Share your yours & make sure nobody gets hurt.

Here's UT's Michael Klueh's winning ticket
YouTube- Michael Klueh's Lottery Win

Speedo
April 24th, 2010, 07:45 PM
That's hysterical.

ande
April 26th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Speedo Re: SWIM PRANK That's hysterical.
Wasn't it?

What? there's no pranksters out there in swimland?

Hasn't anyone done a prank, been pranked or seen a prank?

C'mon! Spill or are we just a boring bunch?
Right up there with actuaries and morticians.

Karen Duggan
April 26th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Will these be part of your book too?

Ahelee Sue Osborn
April 26th, 2010, 05:53 PM
OMG... I'm scared of pranks!
Especially from the forumites - they're a very tricky bunch.

GUARANTEED ANDE - they are not posting cause they're all planning the pranks for Atlanta!

That Guy
April 26th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Worst prank I can think of was a teammate who got his housemates with ex-lax brownies. He did it at the end of the school year when we weren't in training. They didn't see it coming at all because the perpetrator was basically Forrest Gump. Imagine Forrest playing a horrible prank on you. You can't imagine it, can you? But he did it. They were pretty much out of commission for a week.

Lump
April 26th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Worst prank I can think of was a teammate who got his housemates with ex-lax brownies. He did it at the end of the school year when we weren't in training. They didn't see it coming at all because the perpetrator was basically Forrest Gump. Imagine Forrest playing a horrible prank on you. You can't imagine it, can you? But he did it. They were pretty much out of commission for a week.

Most of ours in college included bodily functions so I won't go there. But one of my favorites was "Penny locking" people in their dorm room and make them late or miss morning workout.

ande
April 27th, 2010, 11:52 AM
very funny

Pranks sometimes backfire:

years ago, a swimmers' girl friend made him "special" brownies. they were sitting on the kitchen counter. His obnoxious roommate came home, grabbed the plate not knowing what they were, ran to his room, locked the door & ate them all, laughing all the way. About 15 minutes later, he emerged from his room feeling full & kinda funny for the rest of the day.

ande
April 27th, 2010, 12:05 PM
good one, we called that "pennying" or "getting pennyed in"
dorm pranks are great

I've heard of

dipping your roommates tooth brush in the same kind of alcohol he got sick on the night before, causing him to get sick all over when he brushed his teeth in the morning after

closing the hall doors at both ends & setting off many firecrackers in the hall of the swimmers dorm floor around 4:00 am

leaning a huge trash can full of water against someones door, then loudly knocking then run & hide

Most of ours in college included bodily functions so I won't go there. But one of my favorites was "Penny locking" people in their dorm room and make them late or miss morning workout.

rtodd
April 27th, 2010, 07:43 PM
1. filling a record album cover full of baby powder, sliding it under the door and stomping on it.

2. tying two apposing dorm room door knobs together.

Speedo
April 27th, 2010, 09:02 PM
The roommate who didn't get out of bed for AM practice got this one. We borrowed it from the Citadel guys.

Roommate is fast asleep and intent on missing practice.

Someone shines a flashlight in his face.

Other roommates grab the corners of the bed and start shaking it violently.

Roommate sits up with the light in his face and we start shouting things like "A TRAIN'S COMING! TRAIN'S COMING!
GET OUT OF THE WAY!
GET OFF OF THE TRACKS OR YOUR GONNA DIE!
HURRY HURRY HURRY!

And then we whack him in the face with a pillow.

I can't remember one victim who then made it to morning workout, though, so it wasn't really effective in that respect. :)

Lump
April 27th, 2010, 09:53 PM
I like what I hear!

My freshman year our dorm room overlooked the entrance way into the dorm so we could see most people coming and going. I used to love to hide in the recessed parts of the hall and scare the crap out of them when they came back late. Gotta be careful of the punch reflex from them though!!!

Allen Stark
April 28th, 2010, 12:45 AM
Not a swim prank,but a college prank.A friend of mine had the last room in the hall.At the beginning of Christmas break some "friends" bricked up the hall right before his door.They deliberately did a slipshod job so it wouldn't be too hard to tear down.The maintenance crew saw it and thought the wall had been vandalized so they sheet rocked over it.When the guy got back his room had disappeared.He had to go outside and show maintenance that there were more windows on the outside than doors on the inside to get them to tear down the wall.

swimshark
April 28th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Not a swim prank,but a college prank.A friend of mine had the last room in the hall.At the beginning of Christmas break some "friends" bricked up the hall right before his door.They deliberately did a slipshod job so it wouldn't be too hard to tear down.The maintenance crew saw it and thought the wall had been vandalized so they sheet rocked over it.When the guy got back his room had disappeared.He had to go outside and show maintenance that there were more windows on the outside than doors on the inside to get them to tear down the wall.

Holy cow. That is awesome!!

ande
April 28th, 2010, 10:24 AM
shower pranks:

if a friend walks away from his shower but leaves it on & stuff at the shower intending to return, turn the knob to make it colder

fill up a swim cap with cold water & ice, shake, then throw it on an unsuspecting person

as a person's just finished showering & you're still shampooing, put shampoo foam in your hands & squirt it on them just as they are walking from the shower to their stuff

lefty
April 28th, 2010, 11:15 AM
A couple of teammate put a classified add for an 8 year-old Taurus and described it as "Grand-Ma's car, LOW MILES". Calls came in every 5 minutes the day the ad was printed. It was one of those pranks that actually worked too well.

I told a couple of people that I peed in my shampoo bottle because a teammate kept borrowing it without asking. I knew the rumor would get back to him eventually. When the offender heard the rumor he went bananas and called a meeting with the coach as the mediator. At the meeting it was obvious that the coach was very much on the side of the theif. HA! I then explained that I never peed in the bottle but, "I bet you will think twice about borrowing without asking in the future." My coach thought that was hysterical.

Lump
April 28th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Okay, one body fluid swim prank.

We had a common shower area in our college locker room. My buddy would be shampooing his hair while talking to you, just being casual as can be, etc.....all the while having his "little buddy" sticking out the edge of his suit and peeing on you. :argue:

It was funny, only if it wasn't you.

Speedo
April 28th, 2010, 02:20 PM

We had a common shower area in our college locker room. My buddy would be shampooing his hair while talking to you, just being casual as can be, etc.....all the while having his "little buddy" sticking out the edge of his suit and peeing on you. :argue:

That makes my day- thanks for the laugh.

Slowswim
April 28th, 2010, 04:08 PM
My favorite college prank was taking a shaving cream can, shaking it up. Then using a thumb tack to push through a long piece of cloth and in to the can. You go to the “victim’s” room and fling the can in while holding the free end of the cloth. The cloth pulls the thumb tack out and the can jumps around the room as the cream is squirting out. Then you hold the door and listen to the commotion! :bed::afraid:

The victim has two options: wait for the can to empty and have a room covered in shaving cream stalagmites or through himself on it and get covered in shaving cream.:banana:

ande
April 28th, 2010, 04:10 PM
gross, I've heard of swimmers, sitting on the side of the pool, peeing in their cupped hands, then throwing it on a nearby swimmer.
(never was the pranker or prankee on this one, to me, it crosses the line of inappropriate)

With any prank, you have to consider who, if you're crossing a line, & possibilities of retaliation

Leonard Jansen
April 28th, 2010, 04:19 PM

I actually saw a variation of this at a running race I was in sometime in the mid-1970's. It was POURING at a biblical deluge level right before the start and I looked over and some guy had Iron Mike out and was relieving himself on another guy's leg.

-LBJ

Lump
April 28th, 2010, 04:29 PM
gross, I've heard of swimmers, sitting on the side of the pool, peeing in their cupped hands, then throwing it on a nearby swimmer.
(never done be the pranker or prankee on this one, to me, it crosses the line of inappropriate)

With any prank, you have to consider who, if you're crossing a line, & possibilities of retaliation

Same fella would stand in the gutter (overflow kind) and just pee his suit and let it run down his leg into the gutter. Mind you, only the men's team was on deck, but gross nonetheless. We had no morals....well, not many.:agree:

tjrpatt
April 28th, 2010, 04:41 PM
There was one day at an age group practice during the summer when three guys held down this one guy and took his swimsuit off and this kid had to stay in the pool until someone could get his suit back to him. Of course, the details are kind of foggy, but it was a very douchy thing to do. Everyone found it funny but I sure didn't.

Another prank was this girl would sit in the locker room instead of practice. So, a bunch of people decided to go into the locker room, carry her and throw her into the pool. Once thrown into the pool, she went back to sleeping on the locker room bench. You think that it would have been a wake up call that she was nothing but a lazy slacker. I think that this gang did it because they didn't like her. They would never do it to the slack of male lazy slackers at my age group. Heck, some of the male slackers help throw her in. What.... a bunch of hypocrites.

Michael Heather
April 30th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Placing a Baby Ruth bar on the bottom of the pool in hopes of getting out of practice for a day. Only worked once per season. Extra points of someone went down to retrieve it.

Jim B.
April 30th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Placing a Baby Ruth bar on the bottom of the pool in hopes of getting out of practice for a day. Only worked once per season. Extra points of someone went down to retrieve it.

Are you swimming at Bushwood?

MAC swimmer
May 4th, 2010, 08:36 PM

Been there. The pee-er is usually laughing hysterically. The one being peed on is usually not...at least not at first. Extremely funnyas a bystander!

As the saying goes,"I'd rather be pissed off...than pissed on."

ande
November 28th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Anyone have any funny stories?

ekw
November 28th, 2012, 12:47 PM
This isn't specifically swimming related, but it was pulled off by my college swim team, so maybe it counts.

My freshman year, the team had to come back to campus on New Year's Eve so we could leave on the bus for winter training early on New Year's Day. A bunch of the sophomore guys lived in an 8 person suite on campus, and they hosted a party. The TV was on and as the night went on we watched the various midnight celebrations in the different time zones (we were in central). As the night went on, let's just say people got merrier. One guy in particular was quite out of it.

Someone got the idea to tell him (he was an architecture major) that for the midnight celebration in Seattle they would be blowing up the Space Needle to make room for a new runway at the airport. (The previous year, the team was already at winter training for New Year's and had gone to see a midnight building demolition, which primed things nicely.) Everyone played along and at midnight Pacific time the fireworks went off and one of the other guys said something along the lines of, "I can't watch this!" and turned off the TV quickly enough that it did look sort of like they'd blown it up.

For the rest of winter training, every once in a while someone would say, "It's a shame about the Space Needle," and we'd once again be treated to a rant about how uncool it was that it'd been blown up for a runway.

MickYoung
November 28th, 2012, 12:48 PM
In my opinion pranks should never invovle the following substances.

Razor Blades
LSD
Sperm
Dynamite
Ebola virus
Plutonium.

EJB190
November 28th, 2012, 03:09 PM
The picture attached below pretty much says it all. This was from back in high school... My coach was awesome but our team was full of pranks. He'd take his shoes off at the beginning of practice and leave them right beside the pool against the wall. One day I took his shoes at the end of practice, put them on a kick board, pushed it to the center of the pool, and ran to get changed.

He asked where his shoes went and then he looked out into the pool and found them. He was furious.

The next meet he made me sit the entire first half of the meet. Then I had to do the 100 fly, 100 free, 500 free, the 1st leg of the 200 free relay, and the 100 backstroke - all back to back events. It was a good payback but wasn't funny when it was happening.

We also convinced this kid on my team that there was a (fictitious) girl named Vera on our team- she was always missing for practice, but she was always around last week. We had him convinced for almost a month.

jaadams1
November 28th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Back in college we upperclassmen (Soph. & above) always did a good one to the freshman, and it wasn't too dirty or mean either.

The first week of swim practice, we'd get a signup sheet started with everyone's name, phone #, and dorm address (basically just so we'd know where to find the freshman at) :D but everyone put their names on the list so it wouldn't look fishy.

Saturday morning practices would start on the 2nd Saturday of the season, scheduled from 8-10am or so. We (Soph & above) would all meet in front of the athletic complex around 3:30-4:00am or so on that first Saturday morning practice day. Then we'd play "roundup" and get all the freshman out of bed extra early for practice. Somehow we'd get into the locked up dorms and get them out of bed. IT WAS REQUIRED that they get out of bed, or the $#!+ would hit the fan later.

Once everyone was gathered up, we'd take a nice stroll through town about 2 miles to the Shari's restaraunt downtown, arriving somewhere around 6:00am or so...no big deal here.
Everyone would have a nice casual breakfast and whatever, just talking and stuff...this lasted well past 7:00, 7:15am, ...freshman are starting to get antsy 'cause they know from the coach not to be late for Saturday morning practice which is at 8:00 of course. A few of them start asking if we should go and stuff, we all say it'll be fine, we'll be okay. ;)

About 7:30am or so, we get up, pay the bills, and get out of there...TO THE CARS that us upperclassmen left in the parking lot the night before. :banana: ...and drove back to the pool, screaming out "Don't be late!!" to the freshman.

Who knows how they made it, but a 2 mile run on a full stomach in street clothes, sweatshirts, and stuff isn't fun when you're racing the clock.

The coach knows what's happening each year too, so she was waiting to give the guys a hard time as well when they arrived!

gdanner
November 29th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Who knows how they made it, but a 2 mile run on a full stomach in street clothes, sweatshirts, and stuff isn't fun when you're racing the clock.

That's a pretty good one!

In college, our coach had a rule that everyone had to be in the water for warmup before the 1st person (who got in) was able to finish a 50. If that person touched the wall and you were still dry, you had to put on a 8-12 lb weight belt for the rest of the 800-1,000 warmup. It was common practice to just hop in a split second before that person finished the first 50.

If you were talking and not paying attention, you would hear the splash of someone getting in and you would get your butt in gear. One morning, I told a couple of the guys to shield me as I slid into the pool quietly. I swam a 50 under water and they were ready to jump in right before I touched the wall, but not too early so as to make others take notice. So I finished the 50, the guys that knew had jumped in at the last second, and my coach saw that everyone else was nailed. The entire women's team plus half of the men had to wear wear belts that morning. Victory!

isobel
November 29th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Hmmm. This discussion seems to belong with the "Do real (men) swimmers moisturize?" (Except it's the opposite; here everyone is boasting about this side of themselves; Dr. Izzy weighs in; continues to be curious)

Must be a boy thing, except for EW's comment. Izzzz it a boy thing?

For example, my brother and friends moved all of their roommate's belongings into another room on the first day of freshman year; kid came back; called the cops; brother and friends got in big trouble.

orca1946
November 29th, 2012, 06:50 PM
The lady in the next lane & I do opposed flip turns & I makes faces at her till she bursts out laughing & blows out all her air laughing!:D

flabricorn
November 29th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Not really a prank, but during the swim season, we would, at four in the morning, show up to people's houses, wake them up while dressed in gorilla suits, grab them, cover them in shaving cream, take them downstairs, outside, put them in the trunk of a hatchback, and then drive them to a picnic area, make them march in line, while we were armed with water guns, and have a nice breakfast. This was shut down after a couple of years, we didn't know where everyone lived and we went into the wrong house several times. People should really lock their doors.