PDA

View Full Version : going solo at nat's

born2fly
April 26th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Im sure im not the only one, but it will be just me traveling to Nat's. No team mates to hang with, cheer for or :drink: with. If anyone or teams are staying at the Renaissance in downtown and dont mind having an outsider joining team for dinner lemme know.

I'll be driving down from Ohio on Wednesday morning. Think the 7 1/2 drive will help me relax.

Good luck to everyone with their training over the next 4 weeks!

Greg

Karen Duggan
April 26th, 2010, 12:41 PM
You can hang out with the 'Creek.
I know of only one place I'll be eating for sure: The Fox (I think it is) on Saturday night. You're welcome to join us = )

aquageek
April 26th, 2010, 12:49 PM
There's always room with the NCMS team.

Calvin S
April 26th, 2010, 01:11 PM
There's always room with the SwimMAC Carolina team.

you people have enough swimmers : P

aquageek
April 26th, 2010, 01:19 PM

A swimmer you know very very well is on our team and given your NC ties, you are welcome as well.

thewookiee
April 26th, 2010, 01:21 PM

You should go associate with Karen and Walnut Creeker's. They are a high class of people than Geek. Well, if you take Geek out of the mix, then the Swim Mac are fine folk as well. Guess ya can't go wrong either way.

Karen Duggan
April 26th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Our Sat nt. dinner is not 'Creek sponsored, it is FB sponsored!!!
Anyone can come I'm sure. Although we have a room for 75, it is filling up quickly :agree:

born2fly
April 26th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Hmm,Im on facebook and didnt get that invite :)

Ahelee Sue Osborn
April 26th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Greg -

Find FORT.

She is small but mighty - and all the Forum gang surrounds her!
It then only flows out from that meeting point.
You will hear of every possible social activity, any good USMS gossip and the best race cheering and critique.

See you there!

Karen Duggan
April 26th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Hmm,Im on facebook and didnt get that invite :)

Consider yourself invited :D

Calvin S
April 26th, 2010, 02:47 PM
You should go associate with Karen and Walnut Creeker's. They are a high class of people than Geek. Well, if you take Geek out of the mix, then the Swim Mac are fine folk as well. Guess ya can't go wrong either way.

i should hope they are fine folk...i think that is who my sister swims with (not sure though)

Karen Duggan
April 26th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Who is your sister Calvin?

Lump
April 26th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Since we are hosting the meet, of course you can hang out (no pun intended! :afraid:) with us GAJA folks. However there are only 200+ of us so you might get bored! :D

floswimmer
April 26th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Consider yourself invited :D
:angel:That's the Spirit!!!!! Good Luck and Have a Great Time!!!!:chug:

Calvin S
April 26th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Who is your sister Calvin?

Grace Schildknecht

she is in school at charlotte law and trains in the charlotte area..but where and with whom, i am not sure.

Karen Duggan
April 27th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Wow, she sure has a long commute to swim with us!
We're in Walnut Creek, CA. It's in Northern California :D
:bliss:

Calvin S
April 27th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Wow, she sure has a long commute to swim with us!
We're in Walnut Creek, CA. It's in Northern California :D
:bliss:

my mistake...saw Swim Mac and thought Mecklenburg Aquatic Club...i wondered if we could be talking about two different teams since i saw your location in CA!

Donna
May 2nd, 2010, 03:01 PM
Since we are hosting the meet, of course you can hang out (no pun intended! :afraid:) with us GAJA folks. However there are only 200+ of us so you might get bored! :D

I agree with Lump.