PDA

View Full Version : If there is a God , please save the planet

chefster
April 29th, 2010, 09:16 PM
I don't care where you live, if you are an open water swimmer, this oil spill in the Gulf is working on you. From up here in Michigan , my heart is with you people down there.

E=H2O
April 29th, 2010, 09:34 PM
I am so outraged by the whole thing. Frankly, I am almost at a loss for words. I watch those dishonest ads from BP "the energy company", when it all BS. They are a petroleum company. And how many times have I heard that what happened in the Santa Barbara Channel in 1970 could not happen now. Yea, with the kind of drilling they do these days the results can be worse.

DeletedAccount
May 1st, 2010, 02:10 PM
Great post Chefster, I couldn't agree more. OW swimmers should be all over this topic.... My passions are OW swimming and the ocean and this wrenches my guts.

Killer
May 2nd, 2010, 12:54 AM
this is a terrible situation, I hope we have some very smart and talented people to fix it, I do know that /God does indeed win in the end. So keep the faith, lets all try to do what we can from where we live to help the oil stained wildlife down there.

E=H2O
May 2nd, 2010, 01:54 AM
Sadly it is the people who claimed to be so smart about offshore drilling and drilling technology who assured us that it was safe and that there was no way something like this could happen. As far as asking god to solve the problems we have created on our own, I think he has plenty to do helping those men, woman & children who are starving, sick and dying through no fault of their own.

chefster
May 2nd, 2010, 11:00 PM
I had an Idea and called BP headquarters ,,,they said after three days , they had not heard anything like it.
I told them to freeze the pipe.
Lower a massive tank of liquid nitrogen down and open its valve right onto the pipe.
The oil should start to freeze from the outside in like a clogging artery.

ViveBene
May 2nd, 2010, 11:17 PM
I had an Idea and called BP headquarters ,,,they said after three days , they had not heard anything like it.
I told them to freeze the pipe.
Lower a massive tank of liquid nitrogen down and open its valve right onto the pipe.
The oil should start to freeze from the outside in like a clogging artery.

Would this, in theory, work?
I see your avatar is now swimming in oily waters.:drown:

chefster
May 11th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Would this, in theory, work?
I see your avatar is now swimming in oily waters.:drown:
I don't know, but I tinker alot and fix things in odd ways all thetime, its just something that struck me. :cane:

DeletedAccount
June 12th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Compare the Gulf oil disaster to your area:

http://www.ifitwasmyhome.com

Ken Classen
July 22nd, 2010, 05:38 PM
http://www.takimag.com/sniperstower/#4719

Now that summer is here I find myself daydreaming about bathing in a cool blue sea more and more. But my fantasies of late quickly turn to dread when I think of cooling off in an ocean tainted as it is by rampant pollution. The defilement of our beloved oceans is infuriating and has become impossible to ignore. Sometimes I wonder if I am the only idiot who realizes it. One hears little murmurs here and there but no drastic improvements are reported. Swimming and the prospect of swimming is becoming less and less appealing. Even fishing, or eating fish, can produce pangs of guilt that spoil the pleasure I derive from the ocean.

stillwater
July 22nd, 2010, 06:43 PM
Hi folks,

This is God. I've taken over Swillwater's body.

Fix the damn planet yourselves. I'm busy.

God