PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried the Speedo Raceview Goggle?

bamueller
May 3rd, 2010, 05:48 PM
Has anyone tried this goggle?

http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/7790.htm

I believe Cesar Cielo wears them, not that that is going to make me swim faster, but the concept seems like it promotes better head position in the water in order to see. The reviews I have read on them seem negative, mostly because the goggles leak, which is a huge downside.

Thanks!

sjstuart
May 4th, 2010, 09:57 AM
I don't think they're exactly the same, but I have a pair that might be the predecessor to that model. They have the same split-angle lens, and one half is frosted. I never liked them. Partly because they were very uncomfortable, and partly because I didn't feel they were doing much to help my head position.

bamueller
May 6th, 2010, 12:00 AM
On a whim, I ordered a pair, so I'll let you know after a while. Thanks.

bamueller
May 8th, 2010, 11:46 PM
After my second practice wearing the raceviews, I think I like them. I've been using the Tyr socket rockets for some time now. When I put on the raceviews, the first thing I noticed was how large the field of view seemed. Perhaps this seemed dramatic because I have been viewing the pool through smaller lenses with the socket rockets.

Three other people in my lane tried them out. They all said the same thing. They noticed how much increased vision they had, and things seemed brighter. You can see the other end of the pool clearly without having to look up that much (this in a 25 yard pool).

The downside is flipturns. Since the goggles are like bifocals, when I flipturn, seeing what is behind me is not as clear, since it is viewed right between the lense line on the goggles. The view is split in that case, so I cannot tell if the swimmer behind me is 3 or 8 feet away, so it keeps me moving out of fear of being caught.

I have no idea if these goggles are new or not, but there does not seem to be much information on them. I give them a positive review.