PDA

View Full Version : Training in the Cold.

geochuck
May 5th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Today Cinco de Mayo and I got in my car. I turned on the windshield wipers and to my surprise there was ice all over the windshield. I went out and scaped the windows. Then drove down the street and passed the outdoor pool at the corner. it was 6.45 am. To my surprise The Winskill Dolphin Swim Club was in the pool practicing. The kids were working out hard you could see their breath. The coaches had on Swim Parkas.

I guess it is worth the effort.

ViveBene
May 5th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Sounds like a place I'd like. May shouldn't be in the 70s. That's just not right.
:)

debaru
May 6th, 2010, 01:19 AM
Sounds like a place I'd like. May shouldn't be in the 70s. That's just not right.
:)

It was 98 degrees in Phoenix today. :D When I first moved to Arizona 10 years ago, anything over 82 degrees was hot to me. Now 98 feels pretty good. The surprising thing is that I was able to swim in 58 degree water without a wetsuit just a month ago before things started warming up, but those temps are behind us now. The local lakes are already close to 70 degrees.

Rykno
May 6th, 2010, 06:29 AM
I was in Phoenix about 2 weeks ago, and the locals were complaining when it dropped into the 70's ;)

I would love it if it were up around 70 here. it drops below 45 at night and maybe reaches 60 in the day.

the lake hasn't even gotten over 45 F yet.

joshua
May 6th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Today Cinco de Mayo and I got in my car. I turned on the windshield wipers and to my surprise there was ice all over the windshield. I went out and scaped the windows. Then drove down the street and passed the outdoor pool at the corner. it was 6.45 am. To my surprise The Winskill Dolphin Swim Club was in the pool practicing. The kids were working out hard you could see their breath. The coaches had on Swim Parkas.

I guess it is worth the effort.

Were you travelling at warp speed? Because it sounds like you jumped back to the fifties :D