PDA

View Full Version : ATL -> Aquatic Center?

pwb
May 6th, 2010, 04:50 PM
I was really hoping to grab a swim in the aquatic center on Thursday afternoon after I arrived, but I didn't pay close enough attention to the meet flyer as it looks like the competition pool will only be open for swimming from about 2:35pm to 3:05pm. I'm supposed to land at the airport a little before 2:00pm.

Does anyone know traffic patterns well? I want to see if its reasonable to grab a cab and expect about a 20-25 minute drive time (google maps estimate) at that time of day from the airport to the pool.

pwolf66
May 6th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Only 30 minutes? Really? Gonna have to take another look at that flyer.

Lump
May 6th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Should be fine that time of day.

cjr
May 7th, 2010, 09:16 AM
WARM-UP TIMES
The competition pool will be open for warm-up on Wednesday, May 19, from 3 to 8 p.m. On competition days, the competition pool will be open from 6:30 a.m. until 7:50 a.m. and the warm-up pool will be available from 6:30 a.m. until the conclusion of the final event. The competition pool will reopen for a 30-minute warm-up on Friday after the 400 IM, and Saturday and Sunday after the 500 free. The competition pool will be open for at least 30 minutes following the last event each day.

pwb
May 7th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Should be fine that time of day.Thanks.

Does anyone know if the locker facilities at the aquatic center allow us to bring our own lock for day use?

esaltzman
May 9th, 2010, 04:16 PM
You will be allowed the use of the Wet and Dry lockers.
The Dry locker room has assigned lockers - very few if any available for day use.
Just outside the dry locker room are a hand full (maybe 50) day lockers you can use - relatively small.
The wet locker room is much smaller and you can bring a day lock - first come first serve. Locks will be removed at the end of the day.

Ed Saltzman
Meet Director

pwb
May 10th, 2010, 12:58 AM
You will be allowed the use of the Wet and Dry lockers.
The Dry locker room has assigned lockers - very few if any available for day use.
Just outside the dry locker room are a hand full (maybe 50) day lockers you can use - relatively small.
The wet locker room is much smaller and you can bring a day lock - first come first serve. Locks will be removed at the end of the day.

Ed Saltzman
Meet DirectorThanks!

Shifu
May 11th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Can some one tell me where the check in room might be located. Thanks

Shifu
May 11th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Where is the room located where we check in please

ALM
May 12th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Can some one tell me where the check in room might be located. Thanks

See this thread: