PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Swim, 24 July 2010, VT

ViveBene
June 16th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Kingdom Swim, in Lake Memphremagog, VT, July 24, 2010, is accepting registrations for 10-mile and 3-mile courses until June 20.

www.kingdomswim.org (http://www.kingdomswim.org)

Latest water temp: about 65 deg F.

:)

Franco P
June 16th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Did they extend? E-mail from Phil said they were serious about June 15 cut-off. A friend of mine was trying to sign up but they can not provide any more kayakers at this point.

I am looking forward to this swim. The lake and area look beautiful.

ViveBene
June 16th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Did they extend? E-mail from Phil said they were serious about June 15 cut-off. A friend of mine was trying to sign up but they can not provide any more kayakers at this point.

I am looking forward to this swim. The lake and area look beautiful.

Yes, the registration period was extended. Here is a snippet from an email from Phil received this morning:

"Because of a snafu on our web site that would not take registrations some part of yesterday, we will keep registrations open for the 3 and 10 mile swims until June 20th. So if you know anybody who wants to join us but who may have missed the deadline, please let them know there is still room in both courses and still a couple of days within which they can register."

sydned
June 26th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Just a heads up that Jay Peak still has rooms available. We're in the TramHaus and got a great rate on a two bedroom/two bath condo for myself, my husband, my mom and my son.

ViveBene
June 30th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Having dawdled, I'll be at Jay Peak Resort. Jay Peak itself is famous; the last (or close to it) big peak on Long Trail.
Another lodging option is the Comfort Inn in St. Johnsbury, 45 minutes S on 91, a few pennies more expensive than the much closer Jay Peak Resort.
There seems to be a variety of camping options and more beautiful lakes to swim in.
This is a gorgeous part of the woods. I'll be hiking for a week after.
:)