PDA

View Full Version : Terrapin Cup/ Colonies Zone LCM Champs

Muppet
June 18th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Terrapin Cup/ Colonies Zone LCM Champs

The 6th Annual Terrapin Cup and 2010 Colonies Zone Long Course Meters Championship will be held August 21-22 at the University of Maryland in College Park, MD.

Details and entry information can be found at www.terrapinmasters.org/LC2010/.

As entries are being accepted exclusively online, please make sure your coaches and teammates assist those who may need access to a computer/internet.

KEWebb18
June 21st, 2010, 10:25 AM
Thanks for posting this! I enjoyed swimming at this meet last June. You guys put on a great meet and I am looking forward to it!

swimshark
June 21st, 2010, 04:54 PM
I'll be there to :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

jim thornton
June 23rd, 2010, 05:12 PM
Ladies and Gentleman:

James Thornton...

May very well...

be in the building!

Looking forward to finding the hooligan who stole my FastSkin Pro the last time I was at LCM Zones in Maryland, and instructing my henchmen to beat him or her up, this thrashing delivered for the purpose of Old Testament Justice, even though the suit is no longer of any use to me.

swimshark
June 24th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Ladies and Gentleman:

James Thornton...

May very well...

be in the building!

Looking forward to finding the hooligan who stole my FastSkin Pro the last time I was at LCM Zones in Maryland, and instructing my henchmen to beat him or her up, this thrashing delivered for the purpose of Old Testament Justice, even though the suit is no longer of any use to me.

Jim, I should be there in the boot. It can be used as a weapon!

jim thornton
June 24th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Jim, I should be there in the boot. It can be used as a weapon!

They slapped a Denver boot on you for not plugging the meter?

Alison, I feel your pain. In Pennsylvania, still a relatively progressive state, you have to pay to park only if you have a car.

Just out of curiosity, did you hurt your ankle in or out of the water?

And who or what exactly is Clyde?

swimshark
June 25th, 2010, 09:53 AM
They slapped a Denver boot on you for not plugging the meter?

Alison, I feel your pain. In Pennsylvania, still a relatively progressive state, you have to pay to park only if you have a car.

Just out of curiosity, did you hurt your ankle in or out of the water?

And who or what exactly is Clyde?

Clyde is my tag along friend the ganglion cyst in my ankle. I plan on having it taken out around mid-Aug, hence the boot for Zones and probably no swimming.

jim thornton
June 25th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Clyde is my tag along friend the ganglion cyst in my ankle. I plan on having it taken out around mid-Aug, hence the boot for Zones and probably no swimming.

That's right-- I remember now. You opted not for the Wrath of God Biblical Cure I recommended to exorcise Clyde...slapping with tremendous whacking force a Bible upon his head, smiting him, in other words, with a mighty, mighty vengeance!

Good luck with namby pamby surgical techniques, which might evict Clyde, but will never get rid of his Daemon overtones, which require righteous severity to evict!

Jim, Fake Faith Healer

swimshark
June 25th, 2010, 05:12 PM
That's right-- I remember now. You opted not for the Wrath of God Biblical Cure I recommended to exorcise Clyde...slapping with tremendous whacking force a Bible upon his head, smiting him, in other words, with a mighty, mighty vengeance!

Good luck with namby pamby surgical techniques, which might evict Clyde, but will never get rid of his Daemon overtones, which require righteous severity to evict!

Jim, Fake Faith Healer

Clyde appreciates your concern but will stick with his extraction the less painful to its owner way.

KEWebb18
June 25th, 2010, 08:21 PM

Too bad Clyde won't be there when you go to Zones!
Since you can't swim, will you be volunteering or just hanging out?

swimshark
June 25th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Too bad Clyde won't be there when you go to Zones!
Since you can't swim, will you be volunteering or just hanging out?

Hm.. maybe I can bring Clyde in a jar. Rich keep wanting to rub him for luck. Then he can always rub him for luck.:D

I will probably just be hanging out at Zones. Most likely with my husband and son unless I can find a ride. I don't think I'll be able to drive by then. I think I'll be out of commission for 2 weeks and Zones will be only 1 weeks post-op.

jim thornton
August 16th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Any idea when psych sheets, etc. are going to be posted?

Also, maybe it is just my computer/browser, but I am having trouble accessing the USMS event calendar.

Did Colonies Zones LCM ever get posted on this?

Chris Stevenson
August 16th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Any idea when psych sheets, etc. are going to be posted?

Also, maybe it is just my computer/browser, but I am having trouble accessing the USMS event calendar.

Did Colonies Zones LCM ever get posted on this?

Message on FB from Jeff:

""Hey all, Thanks for entering the meet! Entries are closed - the last person entered at 11:33pm last night. 179 total entries. More info, including timeline and psych sheets will be posted on our website later this week. You will get an email to the address you provided with your entry when things get posted."

Muppet
August 17th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Slight correction to Chris' post - I have reopened entries until 5pm EST today! Last chance to enter the meet!!!

KEWebb18
August 22nd, 2010, 06:46 PM
Thanks to Jeff and all of the people at Terrapin Masters for a great meet! I really enjoy swimming in this pool :)

swimshark
August 22nd, 2010, 09:56 PM
Thanks for hosting Terrapins. I'm glad I was able to stop by and see so many people.

bzaks1424
August 23rd, 2010, 01:18 AM
Thanks for hosting Terrapins. I'm glad I was able to stop by and see so many people.

Just so you all know. There's a growing grudge match via email starting between Shark and I. By next Zones meet - you'll be seeing me..... SWIMMING PAST ALISON!

:rofl:

thewookiee
August 23rd, 2010, 08:35 AM
Just so you all know. There's a growing grudge match via email starting between Shark and I. By next Zones meet - you'll be seeing me..... SWIMMING PAST ALISON!

:rofl:

Careful. It's not wise to tempt a shark. She might just take a bit out of you, unless you challenge her to a 50 backstroke. See, she LOVES backstroke, esp. the sprint backstroke.

swimshark
August 23rd, 2010, 08:57 AM
Careful. It's not wise to tempt a shark. She might just take a bit out of you, unless you challenge her to a 50 backstroke. See, she LOVES backstroke, esp. the sprint backstroke.

Oh... just so you know, hairy one, I tried to challenge him to back and he... backed off (pun intended). He wants to go at the shark in the 50 free. I'm getting my jaws warmed up now http://pinkseptember.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/shark-attack-girl.jpg

swimsuit addict
August 23rd, 2010, 08:58 AM
This was such a fun and well run meet--thanks Muppet and all the meet staff and volunteers for doing such a great job!

Alison I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you!

thewookiee
August 23rd, 2010, 09:02 AM
Oh... just so you know, hairy one, I tried to challenge him to back and he... backed off (pun intended). He wants to go at the shark in the 50 free. I'm getting my jaws warmed up now http://pinkseptember.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/shark-attack-girl.jpg

Hey swinger, you have to KICK for a 50.

pwolf66
August 23rd, 2010, 09:43 AM

No, no you don't, I'm proof of that.

thewookiee
August 23rd, 2010, 09:47 AM
No, no you don't, I'm proof of that.

You kick, just more of a 2 beat kick. You should consider distance swimming...wait, that would be like me considering distance swimming...never mind, I can't be bored for that long.

swimshark
August 23rd, 2010, 09:53 AM
This was such a fun and well run meet--thanks Muppet and all the meet staff and volunteers for doing such a great job!

Alison I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you!

Janet, that just means you'll have to come back down soon so we can meet. And next time I'll be swimming, I promise.

I can kick. Some times... when I feel like it. I just like to swing more :D

Muppet
August 23rd, 2010, 11:33 PM
When y'all aren't gridging each other, i got a couple links for you to check out:

Meet info, results, team winners: http://www.terrapinmasters.org/LC2010/

photos: http://www.colonieszone.org/photo.htm

Thank you all for coming!!

swimshark
August 24th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Hey, I made it in the 2nd to last picture, sitting with the 1776 and Pennypack boys :)

thewookiee
August 24th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Hey, I made it in the 2nd to last picture, sitting with the 1776 and Pennypack boys :)

The editor probably didn't have enough time to cut you out of it. :)

swimshark
August 24th, 2010, 09:32 AM
The editor probably didn't have enough time to cut you out of it. :)

Oh.. seriously? Being mean to me when I can't kick you with my stronger foot? I'll get the hairy one to do it for me next time :D

thewookiee
August 24th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Oh.. seriously? Being mean to me when I can't kick you with my stronger foot? I'll get the hairy one to do it for me next time :D

I am the hairy one.

swimshark
August 24th, 2010, 10:55 AM
I am the hairy one.

Are you named Wookiee for any other reason?:bolt:

bzaks1424
August 24th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Are you named Wookiee for any other reason?:bolt:

Perhaps he's known for holding up old two timing friends by their throats? (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070411174320/starwars/images/thumb/f/f1/Wookvs.lando.jpg/200px-Wookvs.lando.jpg) (Image from nocookie.net)

jim thornton
August 26th, 2010, 10:03 AM
For those who were unable to attend this year's Terrapin Cup, you can get the flavor of the meet as such was experienced by one turtle run over by a truck on Day 1, and resurrected by true grit and a piss poor attitude on Day 2 (the latter not yet written but will be soon, I hope), by clicking here. http://forums.usms.org/blog.php?b=11260

For fans of Eney Jones, former professional athlete, and rumored swim suit model, there is an additional bonus photo of her groping my moobs.

Really, is there any better reason to swim Masters?

Chris Stevenson
September 4th, 2010, 12:54 AM
Check out some nice photos from zones:

http://www.colonieszone.org/photos

I like the one of me with my former UNC teammate Susan (O'Brien) Williams:

http://www.colonieszone.org/photos/lcm10-12.jpg

jroddin
September 9th, 2010, 03:32 PM
I like the one of me with my former UNC teammate Susan (O'Brien) Williams:

http://www.colonieszone.org/photos/lcm10-12.jpg

Just think of the backstroker you guys could have produced. Aaron Peirsol or Natalie Coughlin should be happy Susan never took an interest in you back in school! :D