PDA

View Full Version : LCM Developmental Meet 8/1 Atlanta-WHO'S GOING?

ElaineK
June 30th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Who's going to the Tiger Sharks Masters Invitational? It's a LCM developmental meet, in Atlanta, on Sunday, August 1st. The cost is $20 flat fee for up to five events.

I won't be going to LCM Nationals, but I have never competed in LCM or even trained in a LCM pool. I thought this would be a great opportunity to see what it's like. Besides, LCM Nationals will be close by in Auburn, next year, so this will be a great LCM introduction.

If you attend, look for me in that same purple and white flowered Speedo Endurance training suit (:afraid:) and introduce yourself. I'd like to meet you! :)

Elaine-iaK
(Elaine Krugman- 200, 100, 50 breaststroke)

thewookiee
June 30th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Do you have any more information on the meet? Location? Entry form? Deadline?

bzaks1424
June 30th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Good luck! Those LCM pools are kind of like those "never ending" pools you see the commercials for on TV. You just keep swimming and you never really find the wall. I'm doing 50 Breast in LCM this weekend, I'll let you know how that goes! :-D

want2beafish
June 30th, 2010, 05:53 PM
It's in the latest Georgia Masters newsletter. PM me your email address and I can forward the email to you.

Kristin

ElaineK
June 30th, 2010, 07:09 PM

The contact person for this meet is:
Nathan Jones
coachnate.daq@gmail.com

Hey, Wookiee, if you go, I want to meet you! :D

ElaineK
June 30th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Good luck! Those LCM pools are kind of like those "never ending" pools you see the commercials for on TV. You just keep swimming and you never really find the wall. I'm doing 50 Breast in LCM this weekend, I'll let you know how that goes! :-D

Yeah, as if 200 YARD breaststroke isn't bad enough, I'm being a masochist and entering myself into the 200 METER breaststroke. :afraid:

Good luck in your meet. Keep me posted!

ElaineK
July 18th, 2010, 01:43 PM
OK, Forumites, so who's going??? Anybody out there??? :D

Donna
July 18th, 2010, 08:50 PM
I can't go since I will have to be on call for work up until I go to Nationals!

Lump
July 18th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Give me some more info on this meet. I don't have the newsletter and its not listed on the Dixie Zone site.

bergsteiger
July 18th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Sorry, I will be in Seattle but have fun!

bzaks1424
July 19th, 2010, 07:43 AM
I'll make you a deal - pay off half of my credit card bills, and I'll be there! :D

That's fair right? :rofl:

want2beafish
July 19th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Give me some more info on this meet. I don't have the newsletter and its not listed on the Dixie Zone site.

Jeff, just forwarded you the email with the newsletter attached.

Kristin

Lump
July 19th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Jeff, just forwarded you the email with the newsletter attached.

Kristin

Thanks, depending on whats going on I may go just to swim a few things.

ElaineK
July 19th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Thanks, depending on whats going on I may go just to swim a few things.

Hey, Lump, if you go, I'd like to meet you. I hope to see you there! :)

bzaks1424
July 19th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Hey, Lump, if you go, I'd like to meet you. I hope to see you there! :)

Thankfully by 8/1 the T-Shirt voting will be done! Then we can talk about how we wish we would've gotten the shirts voted for and then ordered already so we'd never have to have this "who's going" conversation! :D

ElaineK
July 20th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Thankfully by 8/1 the T-Shirt voting will be done! Then we can talk about how we wish we would've gotten the shirts voted for and then ordered already so we'd never have to have this "who's going" conversation! :D

I just wish more people would vote! :badday:

bzaks1424
July 20th, 2010, 10:40 AM
I just wish more people would vote! :badday:

People will vote when its important to them. Right now - this is not a priority. That's just how it is sometime.

The Georgia LCM Meet - I *really* wish I could go. I'd love to have a race with you Elaine! :D

ElaineK
July 20th, 2010, 02:02 PM
People will vote when its important to them. Right now - this is not a priority. That's just how it is sometime.

The Georgia LCM Meet - I *really* wish I could go. I'd love to have a race with you Elaine! :D

Thanks! :D As long as it's breaststroke and nothing else, because you would whip me in the other three strokes! :afraid:

bzaks1424
July 20th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks! :D As long as it's breaststroke and nothing else, because you would whip me in the other three strokes! :afraid:

The mere fact that you CAN swim butterfly means you can beat me there. I'd also be willing to bet you've got in me back stroke. Not to mention - anything longer than a 100, I'm pretty much useless on. However - going against you- I might give an extra push! :D

ElaineK
July 20th, 2010, 03:16 PM
The mere fact that you CAN swim butterfly means you can beat me there. I'd also be willing to bet you've got in me back stroke. Not to mention - anything longer than a 100, I'm pretty much useless on. However - going against you- I might give an extra push! :D

OK, so we would tie. I would have you beat on breaststroke and fly :D, but you would kill me on backstroke and free. :badday: My backstroke is so bad, it's slower than my breaststroke! I don't have an official time yet, but I will giving it my first shot in the Peachtree City Pentathlon. Yikes! :afraid:

__steve__
July 22nd, 2010, 07:55 PM
I didn't know about this meet. Thanks for the heads-up Elaine:).

Even though it's a 5 hour drive for me, I think I might go.

I plan to do the 50fr, 100fr,

and even though I have never done over 25M in the following stroke or know how to breath - the 50 fly:afraid:

Lump
July 22nd, 2010, 08:44 PM
I just emailed the meet organizer to ask about timing and sanctioning. If its electronic timing and sanctioned I'll definitely come to get that last meet in for Top 50 (hopefully Top 10!). If not, I'm on the fence. It is probably is hand timed and not sanctioned so....

If I'm gonna spend a chunk of my day and $20 I'd like it to count. Its good if you are new and need the development experience, but I don't at this point (not attempting to sound conceited!)

ElaineK
July 23rd, 2010, 10:03 AM
I didn't know about this meet. Thanks for the heads-up Elaine:).

Even though it's a 5 hour drive for me, I think I might go.

I plan to do the 50fr, 100fr,

and even though I have never done over 25M in the following stroke or know how to breath - the 50 fly:afraid:

If you go, look for me; I would like to meet you. You know what I look like and I'll be wearing my good ol' funky purple and white flowered Speedo Endurance training suit. :afraid:

I'll be competing in the 50, 100, and 200 breaststroke events.

Lump, I'm definitely not at your level, so I need all the experience I can get; hand-timed or not! But, I won't be at the August 15th meet, because it is outdoors and my medical issues prevent me from spending that much time in the heat and humidity- even if there is shade. As for the new August 29th indoor meet that was just announced, I'm scheduled to work that day. Bummer. If I can trade days with a co-worker, I'll be at that meet.

mcountryman
July 26th, 2010, 02:36 PM
I'm going. Brand new to master's swimming. Swam the 1k at Lake Acworth for fun, now I'm hooked.

ElaineK
July 26th, 2010, 09:20 PM
I'm going. Brand new to master's swimming. Swam the 1k at Lake Acworth for fun, now I'm hooked.

Great! Look for me at the meet (see my post above). I joined Masters, in February, so I'm a newbie, too! :D

ElaineK
August 2nd, 2010, 02:31 PM
Kudos go to the Tiger Sharks for hosting a successful first meet! The pool and facilities were great, too, so it was a great opportunity for those of us who never have competed LCM.

Thanks, Tiger Sharks! :applaud: