PDA

View Full Version : DCRP LCM meet July 25

KEWebb18
July 6th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Is anyone swimming at this meet? I am thinking of signing up to get some LCM experience before Zones.

swimshark
July 6th, 2010, 09:18 AM
I am. :applaud:

KEWebb18
July 6th, 2010, 09:26 AM
I am. :applaud:

Excellent! :banana:

swimshark
July 7th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Katie, what are you planning on swimming? I'm still debating. I know I'll do the 400 IM.

KEWebb18
July 8th, 2010, 08:01 AM
I signed up for the 50's and the 100 free. I am also thinking about swimming some relays. I was a little worried with our current weather trend that the water temperature would be awful for me to swim anything longer than a 100.
I am a good cheerleader, if you want I can cheer you on in the 400 IM!

swimshark
July 8th, 2010, 02:27 PM
I signed up for the 50's and the 100 free. I am also thinking about swimming some relays. I was a little worried with our current weather trend that the water temperature would be awful for me to swim anything longer than a 100.
I am a good cheerleader, if you want I can cheer you on in the 400 IM!

I hope the temps are lower by then. Get there early for the shady spots (along the back corner). I would love a cheerleader. Thank you!!!

Muppet
July 12th, 2010, 11:58 PM
we're getting plenty of rain recently... mother nature always has a way of balancing things out. between saturday morning's mess, tonight and the projections for the next couple of days, most outdoor places should be back to 78-80. lets hope for the best, right?

KEWebb18
July 15th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Unfortunately it looks like back to hot weather for all next week, with little to no rain. Bummer. I was really hoping for things to be cool!
I'll bring my chair and hopefully get there early enough to set up in the shade. This should be an interesting meet as I haven't swam any LC all summer. I hope to get over my "where is the wall" problems during my warm up!

swimshark
July 18th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Unfortunately it looks like back to hot weather for all next week, with little to no rain. Bummer. I was really hoping for things to be cool!
I'll bring my chair and hopefully get there early enough to set up in the shade. This should be an interesting meet as I haven't swam any LC all summer. I hope to get over my "where is the wall" problems during my warm up!

When are you heading up?

You'll do great with the walls.

KEWebb18
July 22nd, 2010, 10:20 PM
I got my email with the psych and heat sheets. Stuck in the outside lane for some of my events. :(

thewookiee
July 23rd, 2010, 08:36 AM
I got my email with the psych and heat sheets. Stuck in the outside lane for some of my events. :(

Don't worry about it. This is a good pool to swim in.

swimshark
July 23rd, 2010, 04:04 PM

Seems a certain Julie Roddin sandbagged her 400 free and is seeded behind me! I have the middle lane. :afraid: And I'm next to Jeff Roddin in the 400 IM. I just hope I don't get lapped by him. :)

See you all on Sunday.

KEWebb18
July 23rd, 2010, 10:00 PM
Don't worry about it. This is a good pool to swim in.

Thanks! You never know about the wall lanes at pools. I should be fine.

Seems a certain Julie Roddin sandbagged her 400 free and is seeded behind me! I have the middle lane. :afraid: And I'm next to Jeff Roddin in the 400 IM. I just hope I don't get lapped by him. :)

See you all on Sunday.

The middle lane is a good lane to be in! You can see them coming and fight them off. You will swim great in the 400 IM.

swimshark
July 24th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Thanks! You never know about the wall lanes at pools. I should be fine.

The middle lane is a good lane to be in! You can see them coming and fight them off. You will swim great in the 400 IM.

Katie, my 400 IM last Friday at my age group meet was a 9 sec drop and it was in a wall lane. You'll do great!!

KEWebb18
July 24th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Katie, my 400 IM last Friday at my age group meet was a 9 sec drop and it was in a wall lane. You'll do great!!

If I could only get a 9 sec drop in my 50 free :D

swimshark
July 24th, 2010, 03:12 PM
If I could only get a 9 sec drop in my 50 free :D

Hey, I'd love that, too. Let's both try for that :)

KEWebb18
July 25th, 2010, 03:07 PM
I had a great time! Thanksfor letting me hang out with you guys! See you all (hopefully) at Zones!

swimshark
July 25th, 2010, 05:27 PM
I had a great time, too. I'm glad I got to hang out more with Katie. I will see you all at Zones as I :cheerleader: from the side lines.

Great swimming today all. The heat was hard but we beat it.

Betsy
July 25th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Katie,
I had hoped to find you at the meet today. There were so few of us from VMST. The meet went very quickly, there was little rest and I didn't get to talk to everyone I wanted to. I really enjoyed it, in spite of the heat.
We should have lots of relays at Zones.
Betsy

KEWebb18
July 26th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Betsy not a problem. We will have time to meet up at Zones for certain! I look forward to being on some VMST relays.

swimshark
July 26th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Katie,
I had hoped to find you at the meet today. There were so few of us from VMST. The meet went very quickly, there was little rest and I didn't get to talk to everyone I wanted to. I really enjoyed it, in spite of the heat.
We should have lots of relays at Zones.
Betsy

Betsy, I felt the same way about talking to some. With the heat, it was just too hard to stand around and talk since all the shade was taken up with chairs. But Katie and I got to sit right next to each other and chat away :)