PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone work out at Kelly Pool?

FindingMyInnerFish
July 7th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Hi folk,

I've been thinking I'd like some long course swimming, which I THINK is available at Kelly Pool--but the only active link I could find was this one:

http://www.discoverourtown.com/PA/Philadelphia/Recreation/57021.html

and also one on active.com. But none of them give much info, and the supposed web site apparently is down. When I tried to phone, there was no answer.

Is anyone using this pool for lap swimming? How safe is it (in terms of theft and the like)? Are there lap swim periods?

Thanks for any info!

imspoiled
July 8th, 2010, 10:17 AM
The FINS masters team used to work out there on Sundays mornings in the summer. I swam a few workouts with them in the past. You could check out their website to see if they still do so.

Kelly Pool is a public pool in the park. I don't remember any locker rooms, we deck changed after practice. I'm also not sure how many lap lanes they have open all day long, but last time I was there they did have one or two lanes roped off for lap swimming all day.

tjrpatt
July 8th, 2010, 06:27 PM
I know people that go there after work and they have a few lane lines up, half open and keep all your valuables in your car. No locker rooms. People say that it is nice to swim in. I think that you can change in the bathroom in the Please Touch Museum.

FindingMyInnerFish
July 9th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Thanks for the info, guys! The keeping valuables in the car could be a problem, since I don't have a car... but at least now I know the situation a bit better.

I've heard it's a nice pool, but haven't ever seen/tried it.