PDA

View Full Version : Masters clubs in Aiken, SC?

mnswim
July 22nd, 2010, 07:37 PM
I will be moving to Aiken in late August and have been doing some research online to find clubs in the area. From what I can find, it seems like all the clubs are located in either Augusta or Columbia. Is that the case or have I been missing something? I have been swimming Masters for a long time and really want to join a new team shortly after I am settled in SC. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Lump
July 22nd, 2010, 09:24 PM
I will be moving to Aiken in late August and have been doing some research online to find clubs in the area. From what I can find, it seems like all the clubs are located in either Augusta or Columbia. Is that the case or have I been missing something? I have been swimming Masters for a long time and really want to join a new team shortly after I am settled in SC. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You are in a bit of no-mans land there (LOL) being between Columbia & Augusta. You could always start your own at the local Y or other local pool! Now that I've been swimming/training on my own for the last 2 years I kind of prefer it (although I picked up one training partner for the last couple months).

__steve__
July 27th, 2010, 01:48 PM
That would actually be a decent location for the number of meets you can attend withing a 2-4 hour drive radius.